tire choice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92dxhatch

hey everyone,

i just droped my EG 2" and it looks sweet, i was considering going with 15x6.5 or 15x7 inch rims, and my question to all you is what would be the best all around tire for these rims, here is the rim i'm most likey to get
http://www.whalentire.com/wheeldetail.cfm?...541040G&size=15

so if you could direct me to the best lower profile tire for these rims, i'd appreciate it. all comment are welcome, i've decided for a smaller rim for a better stants and its better for autox, thanks :D

how much are u looking to spend? and what do you mean by all around? comfort? grip? wet?
Anyway, i like the kumho esctas because theyre relatively cheap and its been a favorite among many people. Or the dunlop sp series. also, i just got a set of yokohoma h4s and they ride really nice and has 60k warranty. i doubt its very grippy but at 60 bucks each it was better than oem michilens.

There's no "best" tire- it all depends on what you want to do.

The size you're going to want to use with the D series drivetrain is 195/50/15 (on a 6.5 inch wheel) or a 205/50/15 on a 7 inch wheel with a B series drivetrain.

Just curious, what does the engine series have to do with the size of the tires, i would understand if i wanted to put a larger rim, most d series engines don't have the umph to turn over 17" and 18" rims and still maintain power where b series might.

anyways, i'm looking for a tire that has grip and has good tire millage, that can handle the California roads. no to worries about wet, because i can always put my stock steelies back on for the rain, they have good yokahama all weather tires. mainly a summer tire. thanks

Originally posted by endlesszeal@Jan 8 2005, 09:31 PM
how much are u looking to spend? and what do you mean by all around? comfort? grip? wet?
Anyway, i like the kumho esctas because theyre relatively cheap and its been a favorite among many people. Or the dunlop sp series. also, i just got a set of yokohoma h4s and they ride really nice and has 60k warranty. i doubt its very grippy but at 60 bucks each it was better than oem michilens.
[post=443205]Quoted post[/post]​

I have the Kumho Ecstas and I hate them alot, I am purposely riding them into the ground just so I can get new tires probably the new Azenis.

I have some falken ziex tires on my crx and no complaints. They were cheap and grip pretty good wet or dry. I've had them on for about 8 or 9 months and they still have plenty or tread.

Originally posted by 92dxhatch@Jan 10 2005, 01:09 PM
Just curious, what does the engine series have to do with the size of the tires, i would understand if i wanted to put a larger rim, most d series engines don't have the umph to turn over 17" and 18" rims and still maintain power where b series might.

anyways, i'm looking for a tire that has grip and has good tire millage, that can handle the California roads. no to worries about wet, because i can always put my stock steelies back on for the rain, they have good yokahama all weather tires. mainly a summer tire. thanks
[post=443689]Quoted post[/post]​

it's not the wheel size that matters (other than rotating mass), its the overall diameter of the tire.

I have the ecsta 712s on my truck, they're definitely not ideal but it must be that they're wide enough and the truck is awd so... :shrug2:

bridgestone potenza RE750's. but they will cost more per tire than your rims. they have a higher tread wear than all the tires mentioned previously, and still perform well in wet and dry conditions. i have been reading alot about those... i'm highly considering them when i get the wheels for the s2000.

Originally posted by JohnnyWash1@Jan 18 2005, 02:41 AM
I don't know why nobody has mentioned Toyo Proxes.
[post=447259]Quoted post[/post]​

lol, probably because they fucking suck.

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Jan 18 2005, 07:58 AM
bridgestone potenza RE750's. but they will cost more per tire than your rims. they have a higher tread wear than all the tires mentioned previously, and still perform well in wet and dry conditions. i have been reading alot about those... i'm highly considering them when i get the wheels for the s2000.
[post=447302]Quoted post[/post]​

E's itr wheels had those on 'em.

they were ok, for the 4k miles that they lasted.

Originally posted by stmotorsports+Jan 18 2005, 12:56 AM-->
I do know one thing about Dunlop-> sport 8000s = ultra hi performance tires my ass
[post=447252]Quoted post[/post]​

They were back when I had them... but the SP8000 is a uh... slightly old design now. :)

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Jan 18 2005, 06:58 AM
[post=447302]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

They're pretty good tires. A few of my friends ran with the RE730s and they were really satisfied, and the 750 is just supposed to be the next version. One's cheaped out and gone to ES100s on his Accord, and the other is running S-03s on his turbo SE-R.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jan 18 2005, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by JohnnyWash1@Jan 18 2005, 02:41 AM
I don't know why nobody has mentioned Toyo Proxes.
[post=447259]Quoted post[/post]​

lol, probably because they fucking suck.
[post=447328]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

pissedoffsol
@Jan 18 2005, 08:16 AM
[post=447329]Quoted post[/post]​

What the hell was he doing to burn them out in 4k miles?! They last a hell of a lot longer than that under heavy abuse.

Originally posted by calesta
[post=447329]Quoted post[/post]​

What the hell was he doing to burn them out in 4k miles?! They last a hell of a lot longer than that under heavy abuse.
[post=447435]Quoted post[/post]​
[/QUOTE]

limerock :)

Azenis are good tires, and the Kumho Ecsta MXs are fucking great tires. I am curious the people who are complaining about the Ecsta tires are they the MX's? As I have run both the Azenis and the MX, and when it comes to bang for the buck the MX is a damn good tire. I am curious to see how the new Azenis hold up.

Back