Tire size help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I just bought some 16''X7'' Enkeis. I like performance over looks so I'm wondering what size of tire is the best for performance. I like to drag(only), if that helps. I have 17'' ADRs with 205/40-17 on my car now, but I don't like it because I feel every bump in the road, so will bigger tires help that? Thanks

Every time I read Honda Tuning the people go with a thicker tire like 205-215/45-50. Why is that? The tires I have now are hard, but I thought that thicker tires would help with grip, like you see when peolpe drag their tires look flater then normal. When I was showing my friend what my car can do I peeled out and it didn't feel like I was getting good grip. When I went back to see the damage I did to the street the marks weren't a strait line, it was like my car was ''hopping''. (that's what my marks looked like) :)

_ _ _ _____
_ _ _ _____

the wider the tire the more rubber you have on the ground. the more rubber, the better the grip. thats why people run wider and bigger profile tires. those drag radials are good shit...just warm em up a lil bit (okay, quite a bit) and youll be good to go.

Will 205/45-16 be good for my civic hatchback(B16a2)? I didn't think about not warming my tires up. Thanks for the help.

205/45-r16 is a good size profile. I am running this size on my integra, looks nice, grips good. It should do well on a smaller car like yours. If you are asking about why guys in honda tuning might go with a larger DIAMETER tire, it's because they have used different size tires, and have found a size that matches well with their driving style and with the gearing that they have in their car - as you know, a larger tire means higher gearing, higher top speed, and possibly less burning out at launch. Their selection is based on feel, which comes from experience, no single tire size is going to be good for every application. hope that's a good enough answer for you.

Back