Tire size

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nbdzhro

I'm looking at getting a 17x7 wheel. I know I might run into some rubbing but I really like these wheels and they only come in 17. So my question is what would the optimum size for tires be?

I have a 94 ex coupe and it has been lowered some I'm not sure how much as it came with the springs already installed. They are yellow lowering springs if that helps any.

Thanks

Originally posted by nbdzhro@Feb 12 2004, 12:17 AM
I'm looking at getting a 17x7 wheel. I know I might run into some rubbing but I really like these wheels and they only come in 17. So my question is what would the optimum size for tires be?

I have a 94 ex coupe and it has been lowered some I'm not sure how much as it came with the springs already installed. They are yellow lowering springs if that helps any.

Thanks

yellow springs could mean you got nuespeed, but who actually knows...17's will look nice wrapped in some 215/40/17...but will look best if wrapped in some 215/30-35/17, IMO...quality in tires don't mean sh*t if your just gonna camber them tho

205/40/17 is the closest you are going to get to a plus-ed sized fit.

but, don't buy rims cuz they look good.

i've run jsut about everything-

17x7
16x7
15x7
15x6.5
14x6

and the 15x7 is by far the best wheel size (with a 205/50/15) IMO for a honda.

17s weigh a shit load more, and frankly, they handel like crap with a 205/40.

yeah, skylines and shit run 40 profiles.... but, they also have a 285/40/18 and 40% of 285 is a lot more than 40% of 205.

So yes, I'm trying to talk you out of 17s.

they suck.
they ride like ass
they make you look slow.

the end.

Back