Tire Size?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Napoleon

Em1 Crew Bish!
What tires size should i go with? I have 195/55/15 on there right now. I am thinking of the 205/50/15. Any suggstions on what size and a good performance street tire.

This is the car now.

Civic1.jpg

These are a couple of tires that i am looking into right now.

Falken Ziex ZE-512

falhh3.ang.jpg

Falken Azenis RT-615 (SCCA Legal)

falhza.ang.jpg

dont get the ziex!!!!!:mad: they suck! i have the same ones you want. i got the 45's instead os the 55's though. they have horrible traction and suck in the rain when it comes to fast corners,uphill takeoffs.I would get the azenis. or..........................

the g-force kd series from BF goodrinch. The kdw are all wheather and are designed for rain in mind. The kd is more of a dry whether tire. I never had problems with it in the rain though. but man it was a great sticky tire. It also turned corners like a dream. I tried to break traction. thats what i'm getting as soon as i wear these ziex out. I'll sell'em to you if you want. they are 195-45-15. if you plan on racing i wouldnt get these tires

I'm going to go for 205/50/15's. I really like those bfg's g- Force T KDW's. And the Kumho Ecsta AST.

I like the look of the 205/50's like on this car.

e9hi10.jpg

jimboburgess said:
def. get 205/50/15 front and 195s in the back

whats up with that? i'm gessing it looks more agressive? thicker in the back than the front!

THAT MAKES NO SENSE TO ME, please explain! why would i want two different tire sizes?

Napoleon said:
Really? Never thought about that. I want to see a pic of that setup on a ek coupe.

yeah id like to see a pic too. I kinda like the idea. dont know how it would look though.or if its ''safe''

jimboburgess said:
def. get 205/50/15 front and 195s in the back

Yeah, and get directionals so you can never rotate again. ( Insane Laughter ) Ha HA AHAAAAHhHAHAAHAHAHAHHHAAA. HA HA ( Uncomfortable silence ) HA HA

BTW I'm running 205/50 R 15's. They seem to wear better then 195's

Go with 205/50/15's. Running a staggered setup is used to promote rotation on the track and is worthless on the street because you can't rotate your tires.
What's your budget? Ever get on a track? Use the car for commuting only?

In the future i plan on racing on the new road course here in Utah. Larry Miller's Motorsprts Park.

Last edited:
now if that is intende for track use then i understand, but even on a track, what advantages does it get you?

i have the rt615 falken and they are the best thing i did to my car over: omni coilovers, ST swaybars, energy suspension, subframe braces, lower contoll arms and so on basicly you get the point that tires is the best thing to do to your car and the falken rt615's are top notch

friz said:
Yeah, and get directionals so you can never rotate again. ( Insane Laughter ) Ha HA AHAAAAHhHAHAAHAHAHAHHHAAA. HA HA ( Uncomfortable silence ) HA HA

LMAO

Get 205/50/15s.

That'll be my next tire size. The 195/55/15s I have do the job, but I want to try something slightly wider.

Back