Tire wear

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

well, I just played around with my bike in the parking lot here on base, and my pegs don't allow me to get down any further.

I might get some 3/4" up 3/4" back rearsets.

Roadsmart-Pair.jpg

Looks like I'm getting some Dunlop RoadSmart tires.

I found a great read on motorcycle tire wear
it touches on what E was saying about wider arcing turns...
in countries where people drive on the left side of the road they experience more right side tire wear.

if you think about a running or racing track, the closer you are to the inside of the track, the shorter the distance you have to travel to make one lap

now think about the way the roads are set up in the US
every left turn is on the outside of the road, so you are actually traveling more miles on the left side of the tire
every right hand turn is the inside of the road, and the distance to travel the turn is less

great read and not it all makes sense

Motorcycle Tire Wear

Yeah, I read that site. Interesting perspective.

I also notice that when I hold just the throttle, the bike leans slightly left, wearing more on the left side. Probably coincidence.

Here's a shot of my back tire.
You can see where they pretty well toasted the middle of it doing burn outs most likely.

I've been getting her down some.
Not as well as Jeffie, but I'd like to get something stickier than these Dunlop qualifiers

Attachments

• Bike Tire.jpg
    Bike Tire.jpg
    734.3 KB · Views: 508
I actually picked up some 2CT Pilot Pures. Love the tires. Highly recommend them.

I've got an old pic of the first weekend on them:

77033_1582894744800_1608660018_1402775_5396946_n.jpg

Now it's down to the middle chicken-strip indicator, top indicator is almost gone.

Nevermind, I see it now, the three lines on the side looked like the wire was showing right on the edge of the right side.

Here's a shot of my back tire.
You can see where they pretty well toasted the middle of it doing burn outs most likely.

I've been getting her down some.
Not as well as Jeffie, but I'd like to get something stickier than these Dunlop qualifiers

Got any video of the burn outs?

Back