Tired of searching...GSR brake upgrade on EG

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hybrid89

thistownsucks...
Alright, as of last night I scored the final piece to my "under car upgrade. I have a 92 Civic CX hatch, 100% stock, with thexception of the 16" rotasw/azenas. This is what i plan on changing to over Thanksgiving weekend...

Full 95 GSR front and rear Caliper/Rotors/LCA's/A-arms etc.(complete)
Omnipower street coilovers
Goodridge SS brake line
95 GSR MC/Brakr Booster/ PV
New brembo blanks
Pads-only thing I haven't made up my mind about.(hawk,axxis,ebc)

now here are my questions...

1. If i swap everything for the GSR over to the hatch, my CX splines will not fit the GSR hubs, correct?
2. if i am right, is there any way around this, such and just swapping calipers/rotors/mounts to the CX spindals?
3. I need recomendation for BRAKE PADS. This is a street setup only, for daily driving. Its getting an all motor GSR over the summer, but I'm doing the handeling end now, to get everything squared away. I want the fucker to stop hard, but I don't want to replace rotors every 6 months.
4. straight up, who make the best traction bar out there (jim fab, full race, etc.)

thanks guys.

matt

1- i dont think you'll have a problem with axels. bill's b-series axels fit in the cx hub... so why would the other way around not be true?
2- worst comes to worst, you can make a hybrid axel. tap the cv boost side off, and slap some gsr ends onto the d-series axel setup. That's what we did for e's JDM ITR brake setup which takes integra inners and prelude/accord outers
3- Hawk HPS
4- IMO, Full-race.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 22 2004, 03:25 PM
1- i dont think you'll have a problem with axels. bill's b-series axels fit in the cx hub... so why would the other way around not be true?
2- worst comes to worst, you can make a hybrid axel. tap the cv boost side off, and slap some gsr ends onto the d-series axel setup. That's what we did for e's JDM ITR brake setup which takes integra inners and prelude/accord outers
3- Hawk HPS
4- IMO, Full-race.
[post=420481]Quoted post[/post]​

Thanks B..that was exactly what i was think, just wanted to check with someone that had done this. gimme a EF chassis, and no sweat..still a little new with the EG

one more...best place to find Hawk pads online?

matt

full race is definitely better in every category.

Full-Race is lighter then the JimFab
Full-Race is stronger then the JimFab
Full-Race has more clearance then JimFab

only drawback is that Full-Race is more expensive, but well worth it over the jimfab IMO. only reason i dont have the full-race is because full-race bar wasnt out yet, and jimfab was the best option at the time. eventually i will sell the jimfab and get a full-race.

The CX splines are the same as the GSR, you'll have no problems fitting the axles.

Back