Tires: BFGoodrich G-Force T/A R1 VS. Falken Azenis RT-615

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Citizen_Insane

Does anyone have any experience with the T/A R1's? I have a chance to pick up an almost new set for $180 and I wanted to know if they'd have more grip than my Azenis. Granted, for $180, I might as well, they're a set of $600 r-compound tires.

azenis are NOT R compound tires. go for the R's. just don't expect them to last more than 3k on the street.

I already have the Azenis, so the R1's would be AuoX only tires. I;m definatly aware that the azenis are not R's. I was just wondering for autoX which would have better grip (I've read some not so good reviews of the R1's). However, I imagine they're better than the azenis.

You might want to look into the Toyo Proxes RA-1's for an autoX tire. They're basically the standard up here.

I'm not looking into any other tires. Just the R1's because I can get them for cheap. If I was to buy new tires I'd go for the Kuhmo 710's or Hoosiers.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
I'll tell you how my g-force t/a kdw2's turn out on my wrx.

My wife has them on her 2002 A4 3.0. They're great .... you'll like them.

Mine are too narrow, but I got a heck of a deal on them, so I shouldn't complain. My sidewall is also pretty tall for the 17in RPF1's on my car.

Right now I'm pulling to the right, and have to figure out if its an emphasized alignment issue that I had before the rims went on, if one of the rims is out of balance, or if one of the wheels won't true.

ok, thanks. I was hoping for some more specific knowledge on the R1's, but it doesn't look like anyone here has actually run them. I haven't heard back from the guy so maybe I won't even get them. Oh well, he said he sold his other set of tires so he might need them for the event next weekend.

Wheel good luck with that.

General impression of the tires are they're impressive.

Alignment or wheels need to be balanced so I don't pull to the right, but the tires are confidence inspiring. I didn't realize that I was taking turns through a very twisty road much faster than usual even with the crooked steering. They're a bit loud, but again that might be a wheel balancing issue, because its hard to tell if its an isolated hum on the passenger side tire or on all four corners.

Like I said, for a tire thats really not as wide as it should be for my car, its very impressive and looks good to boot.

p.s.

If I haven't mentioned in this thread, they're rated higher than the Michelin PS2's.

Back