Tires for a Jetta?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Citizen_Insane

My dad has a '97 VR6 Jetta and has Khumo 711's on it right now and hates them. He wants an all season tire that will grip better than the 711's, but will get 30,000+ miles. Do you guys know anything about all season tires? I would make a poll, but I dont even know what to include.

I figured this was a better place than "Other Vehicals" because tire tech isn't really honda specific. Mods, if you feel this needs to be moved feel free, I just thought more people would see it here.

711's blow. i bought them to drift on cuz they were cheap, and all they did was melt. lol

dunlop sp5000's get my vote for best all season, including snow, tire, that actually drives like a performance tire.

E had them on the mx-3, and they were bad ass. handeled as expected of an all season in the dry, awesome in the rain, and we were blowing by cops going up hills in the snow with them. lol

Yeah, my dad bitches about how much the 711 blow constantly. Thats why I'm trying to find him some nicer tires :D

Oh yeah, how's the tread wear?

definatly check out the SP5000s :)
Dunlop SP Sport 5000 Asymmetrical
i put about 30k on them before selling the car to my uncle.... he has put id guess about 20k on it and is still running the same tires

they have a UTQG rating of 340, AA, A

i drive pretty agressivly and was very happy with those tires... i would definatly run them again... if they came in a size that fit the insight they would be on there right now
like B said... dry handling was as good as i would expect from an all season tire... wet handling / hydroplaning resistance was great... but in the snow these tires were incredible, i was able to go through anything, the most unplowed snow i was in was probly around a foot deep in a large parking lot that we go to to play around when it snows, bill got stuck with his truck, i drove right by laughing at him :lol:
about the only time i got stuck in the snow with these tires was when i hit an icy corner while out e-brake drifting and ended up plowing through a snow bank over the curb.... had to dig/push my way out of that one

Back