1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tires for street/drag

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by tphan4, Jan 10, 2005.

1. tphan4

tphan4 Senior Member

what are the cheapest tires and grip well? Im using futuras 195/50/15 on a 93 ex coupe right now...doesnt get much traction with b18b but paid $55 a tire...let me know what everyones using and prices.

2. formby

formby learning in progress

i dont think cheap and grip go well
    205-50-15 is what will do you justice

3. MaaseyRacer

MaaseyRacer Senior Member

The last two issues of Sport Compact Car have had a good write up on "street tires." Granted they are more pricey R compound tires, but they have featured tires such as the BFG drag radials and what not. You really should look into what your budget it, and how often you can afford to replace a set of tires. Right now I am running Kumho MX's, they are a great street/auto-x tire, I highly do not recomend for drag racing. A lot of people here run Azenis, again not a good drag tire, but a good street tire, both of them are afordable and easy to replace.

4. Citizen_Insane

Citizen_Insane Senior Member

I would look into some BFG Drag Radials if you are going to be doing drag racing. They are considered to be a very good street drag tire.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted