tires

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

critchy88

i still got the stock rims on my accrd,15's...my question is wat width of tire can i go with? i dont really have the fundin now for sum 17's so i want to go with a beefier tire...im lookin at a 225 50 15..but theres a 195 60 15 there..so i wanted to no if anyone did this and if its gonna rub the wheelwell or anythng.

you can go with a 225/50-15 .. but when your speedo says your doing 60.. you'll be doing 61

haha yeah i no i checked out a tire calculator...215 55 is almost a dead on match...but i just wanted as wide of a tire as possilbe...but like i said i wanted to make sure its going to fit and not rub off anything

whats the width on your rim?? 225s will mount to 6"-8" rims

a wider tire does NOT mean better traction.

before you go flapping on a wide tire, know the problems with it.

if the tire is wider than wheel \ / it will stick out like that. it will be flappy. you will lose handling feel and be spongy.
to counter that, you'll need more air pressure.
more air pressure means the center of the tire rides higher than the sides, thus resulting in crappy wear, and no 'bite' for turn-in.

stick with a 205.

B educated me on this subject and I was dumb enough to argue. I personally mounted some 235 tires on 15" rims. It wasn't pretty it looked like the tire was flat and I had them aired up to 40 psi. so I went and added another 10 psi per tire. If you know anything about tires the max reccomended psi on any passenger tire is like 35 psi. These tires were already to 50 and still weren't sitting exactly the way they should.

15" doesn't matter. its the width (15x6") part that does.

205/50/15 is probably the best size for a stockish Accord. I run a set on my daily driver, 92 Accord EX. 32psi with stock suspension. The tires grip better than the suspension can handle. Even with this size and pressure the wear is a little uneven and they do bulge just slightly. I can only imagine a wider tire being worse.

Back