Tires

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

96prelude

one of my tires got a break in in so we decided to get new ones. we wento the tire place we normally go to today and they only had one option. i thought that was rediculas so here i am requesting the knowledge of the people i trust the most with my honda. what kind of tires should i get, with reasonable price.

do you currently just have stock wheels? What size tire are you running? Also, what kind of driving are you doing? Do you put alot of miles on your car? AutoX or drag? How much money are you willing to spend?

(ps, mod, move this to tire section)

Originally posted by MaaseyRacer@Feb 17 2003, 06:26 PM
when it comes to tires, dude do not skimp... Yokohama AVS ES 100 :)

That's skimping to me. :lol: But it's an excellent tire, nonetheless. :)

i am running stock rims and drive faily aggressive but no autocross or drag racing i just want somthing that will last for a while aand still provide good grip. i want to keep the price around 100 per tire but if there is somthing a little more that is alot better than by all means let me know about it. i would like it to look good but that is not a primary concern, just sort of an after thought to performance.

That's skimping to me. :lol: But it's an excellent tire, nonetheless. :) [/quote]
what would you suggest then? and why is it skimping to you?

I buy really good tires only, you life is riding on them literally, toyo and yokohama i have had nothing but good luck with. Skimping is buying tires because they are cheap. some of my favorite tires that have been decently priced were the Yokohama AVS ES100's. before my wheels were stolen (fuck theives) i had them on, i loved them, and i will run them again when i get paid (any day now).

Originally posted by 96prelude@Feb 17 2003, 08:05 PM
next time get a set of locking lugnuts. :(

I had a set of locking lug nuts, each locking nut was in multiple peices around the car, at least the assholes who ganked my wheels had the phucking decency to put my car up on cinder blocks. :angry: :angry: :angry:

I just got some Bridgestone Potenza RE950's....they grip nice, don't roll under, and don't seem to be wearing badly at all. Cost me $210 for two tires, with everything included.

Originally posted by MaaseyRacer+Feb 17 2003, 11:06 PM-->
96prelude
@Feb 17 2003, 08:05 PM
next time get a set of locking lugnuts. :(

I had a set of locking lug nuts, each locking nut was in multiple peices around the car, at least the assholes who ganked my wheels had the phucking decency to put my car up on cinder blocks. :angry: :angry: :angry:

locking lugs are easily broken off. I would say how, but dont want to give ameture thieves any ideas. I will have nothing but lock lugs. No regular lugs. I think if someone seen 4 lock lugs per wheel, they would say fuck it. Plus, its not worth the time for the rota's that will be on there.

i'm currently riding on the yoko avs es 100's, great tire, great price, check them out at www.tirerack.com they usually have them for pretty cheap there, and they have great reviews on that tire. i've also heard great things about bridgestone potenza s-03's and toyo proxy t1-s

does anyone have the parada spec2 from yokohama? just wondering cause the tire place quoted me a price for these but said they didn't have the avs es100. i htink i'm going to press the issue a little more though.

I dont think those tires will be under "lasts awhile" catagory. Look at bridgestone ponzena (sp?) so3 pole postions. I have heard great reviews on them and people say that they last a while for a high performance tire.

potenza s-03 pole positions...

got em. love em. haven't had them long enough to know how much they wear... as they are only on my rota's which dont see the street much

my car comes stock with 205/55-15's. should i stay with that or go for a lower profile tire? if i did go for a lower one would there be any bad side effects?

I would stick with the OEM size or go one up on ludes to 16's. Only problem with 16 inch wheels are that tires are a tad harder to find.

Originally posted by 96prelude@Feb 18 2003, 06:39 PM
does anyone have the parada spec2 from yokohama? just wondering cause the tire place quoted me a price for these but said they didn't have the avs es100. i htink i'm going to press the issue a little more though.

i had a set on my volks. decent tire for the money. would i run it again, probably not. they had good forward launching- but cornering wasn't great

Back