TLC, 10pm tonight

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bahh! missed it! I was watching mythbusters! They busted alot of good car shit..

#1. Hiding behind a car door in a gunfight WILL NOT save you. Hiding behind a CAR wont really save you.
#2. You CAN NOT blow up a gas tank by shooting it.
#3. Sugar in the gas tank does nothing
#4. Mothballs in the gas tank makes an engine run smooth as hell
#5. Draino in the gas tank does nothing
#6. Bleach in the gas tank pisses off the motor, but doesn't blow it up
#7. Soda in the radiator DOES work as a temporary cooling solution, but the carbonation causes a HUGE pressure buildup.
#8. Bleach in the oil WILL CAUSE A MOTOR TO OVERHEAT and burn up.
#9. An Egg in the radiator WILL clog a leaking radiator.

Now these tests were on an old carbeurated small block... i'm sure that some of this stuff would be different in a fuel injected car... mainly because of the fuel pump.

Originally posted by ScrapinSi@Jul 28 2004, 12:07 PM
bahh! missed it! I was watching mythbusters! They busted alot of good car shit..

#1. Hiding behind a car door in a gunfight WILL NOT save you. Hiding behind a CAR wont really save you.
#2. You CAN NOT blow up a gas tank by shooting it.
#3. Sugar in the gas tank does nothing
#4. Mothballs in the gas tank makes an engine run smooth as hell
#5. Draino in the gas tank does nothing
#6. Bleach in the gas tank pisses off the motor, but doesn't blow it up
#7. Soda in the radiator DOES work as a temporary cooling solution, but the carbonation causes a HUGE pressure buildup.
#8. Bleach in the oil WILL CAUSE A MOTOR TO OVERHEAT and burn up.
#9. An Egg in the radiator WILL clog a leaking radiator.

Now these tests were on an old carbeurated small block... i'm sure that some of this stuff would be different in a fuel injected car... mainly because of the fuel pump.
[post=369304]Quoted post[/post]​

love that show

Back