To all B18C5 powered EG owners

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ZetaRacer

Besides the complete Jdm B18c5 swap;
Motor, Tranny w/LSD, ECU, axles, shift linkage, motor mounts, alternator, starter, clutch, flywheel, intake manifold, header, fuel rail, injectors, distributor, and wiring harness. Am I missing anything?

What will I need to complete the install into an EG? And have it running good?

What won't I need from the swap?
Anything need to be replaced first? Like clutch, fuel pump or radiator?
What guage cluster can I use?

Thanxalot, Zeta.

Thanks, Nis. Anybody else?

What about any problems with the ECU or Wiring harness? I going to do the swap myself (at least until the wiring part) And need all the info I can get.

And I have searched so don't flame me. It's like a collage of pieces of information.

Yep, that about sums it up. I must have overlooked that section.
What about guage cluster, can I just use the EG and get a tach. Or can I put a DC2 guage in it?

Do yourself a favor and check Compression on the motor before you install it.
I did and got none on #1 Cylinder due to warped valve had to pull the head off and deal with it first. And believe me it was easier with it out of the car.
Also replace your clutch and if necessary flywheel. That to is easier out of the car!!!!!

I'm a noob to engine swaps, how do I check compression?

ITR-I don't even have the car yet :huh: this is a summer project.

As far as the clutch goes, I was thinking of installing the Toda clutch kit. I travel about 40 miles everyday. Is a performance clutch like this good for daily driving?

What ECU are you using? The one that came with the R swap?
And will the Type-R axles work?

Thank you.

Yes the Type R axles will work. I am using a chipped obd1 p72 ecu from a gsr. Don't worry about not having the car yet. I got my motor 4 months before i got my donor car. Until you find one just keep gathering the parts you are going to need so you can put the motor in as soon as you get the car.

you'll need a compression tester you can get it at most auto parts stores.
remove all the spark plugs from motor, and one at a time check the compression in each cylinder. useing jumper cables to the starter to turn the motor over and have a friend help you so they can hold onto the valvecover to stablize the motor.
prop the throttle body wideopen. turn the motor over ten revolutions per cylinder
and write the reading down for each one. then try it again after putting a teaspoon of motor oil in the cylinder.
as far as the clutch I am using a act flywheel 12lb and xxtreme pressure plat with a organic street disc and it's very streetable. :D

If you are using a USDM ITR the axles are fine, but if your get the JDM one, the outer joints are 36mm and too big for the Civic hubs.

Back