1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To badge or not to badge...

Discussion in 'Body / Exterior / Interior / Cosmetics' started by webink_EK9, Mar 20, 2004.

1. webink_EK9

webink_EK9 Senior Member

I'm going to get my 99 EK ITR hatch repainted Champ white in a few weeks. My civic badge on the back of my DX is half broken off...someone tried to pry it off or something. Anyway, I'm going to have to take it all the way off along with the DX badge. Should I get a new civic badge and stick it back on or should I get the JDM CTR stuff? Is that too much? Any thoughts/flames welcome.

2. 90 accord

90 accord Chicks dig the box Moderator VIP

go in "stealth mode" with no badges. looks better that way i think.

3. UDT

UDT Senior Member

I say as long as it backs it up, then what evers clever. You all know that red R looks clean. I say what ever floats your boat, it will look clean either way.

4. webink_EK9

webink_EK9 Senior Member

I kinda want to do the type-r...just because the car is going to be white and that red R on white will look hot. I'll probably do it and if my car is stolen...well I'll start over again.

5. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Do you have all the CTR parts swapped over (mainly the engine and suspension)? If not, I'd say go stealth, just because why fake the funk?

6. webink_EK9

webink_EK9 Senior Member

not CTR but ITR motor. I'm getting control arms for a ctr and some bars, but thats about it. Is that too fake? I'll probably end up not even using the bars...I just ordered a bunch of neuspeed strut and sway bars.

7. UDT

UDT Senior Member

Yeah i guess i can see the "faken the funk" point of view, though if you have the intentions of get more CTR and ITR stuff then go for it, though if your just kinda doing a type R motor then i say stealth but then again if your super proud of the R in its stock splender and dont intend on molesting the motor then a nice lil Red R couldint hurt :p

8. Bl6CRX

Bl6CRX Senior Member

:werd:

9. Citizen_Insane

Citizen_Insane Senior Member

No matter whats under your hood, people will laugh and point and call you a ricer if you have a type R badge. Go stealth :ph34r:

10. driver1

driver1 Senior Member

ya i say go no emblems...thats what i did on my car when i painted it...and also if u put the R on there your either gonna have people laughin at u or otherwise have every other ricer in town revving at u and tryin to race u.

11. MugenCRX

MugenCRX Senior Member

Stock emblems are cool. You could think about doing what I'm doing and get the newer, rounder 03-04 "H"(not the enourmous ones though) and throw them on for that extra little hint of flava that only the true enthusiasts will notice. Otherwise it looks like the stock emblem to everyone else. Just an idea. :ph34r:

12. civic_types

civic_types Senior Member

I call for NO badge
    It's true about the ricer revs around town.

Also, the older muscle head guys that ask what kind of car is it that just beat him!

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted