To badge or not to badge...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

webink_EK9

I'm going to get my 99 EK ITR hatch repainted Champ white in a few weeks. My civic badge on the back of my DX is half broken off...someone tried to pry it off or something. Anyway, I'm going to have to take it all the way off along with the DX badge. Should I get a new civic badge and stick it back on or should I get the JDM CTR stuff? Is that too much? Any thoughts/flames welcome.

I say as long as it backs it up, then what evers clever. You all know that red R looks clean. I say what ever floats your boat, it will look clean either way.

I kinda want to do the type-r...just because the car is going to be white and that red R on white will look hot. I'll probably do it and if my car is stolen...well I'll start over again.

Do you have all the CTR parts swapped over (mainly the engine and suspension)? If not, I'd say go stealth, just because why fake the funk?

not CTR but ITR motor. I'm getting control arms for a ctr and some bars, but thats about it. Is that too fake? I'll probably end up not even using the bars...I just ordered a bunch of neuspeed strut and sway bars.

Yeah i guess i can see the "faken the funk" point of view, though if you have the intentions of get more CTR and ITR stuff then go for it, though if your just kinda doing a type R motor then i say stealth but then again if your super proud of the R in its stock splender and dont intend on molesting the motor then a nice lil Red R couldint hurt :p

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Mar 20 2004, 03:06 AM
Do you have all the CTR parts swapped over (mainly the engine and suspension)? If not, I'd say go stealth, just because why fake the funk?

:werd:

No matter whats under your hood, people will laugh and point and call you a ricer if you have a type R badge. Go stealth :ph34r:

ya i say go no emblems...thats what i did on my car when i painted it...and also if u put the R on there your either gonna have people laughin at u or otherwise have every other ricer in town revving at u and tryin to race u.

Stock emblems are cool. You could think about doing what I'm doing and get the newer, rounder 03-04 "H"(not the enourmous ones though) and throw them on for that extra little hint of flava that only the true enthusiasts will notice. Otherwise it looks like the stock emblem to everyone else. Just an idea. :ph34r:

I call for NO badge
It's true about the ricer revs around town.

Also, the older muscle head guys that ask what kind of car is it that just beat him!

Back