To boost or not to boost....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BlackFrog

Neighborhood Lush
VIP
Still trying to get this car back where the other one was in terms of handling, but a wrench has been thrown my way. Instead of thinking that all i ever wanted is the B16 i now have, and redoing my suspension like my old car, I know have the option of a totally complete turbo kit for $800. Now my biggest problem is whether to get those Tanabe coilovers i loved so much, or stick with Eibach's and add on some boost. Im sure with tuning she'll do just fine on a meager 5 pounds of boost :) My only other real concern is the class change when it comes time to autocross again, think thatll put me into SM2 where im sure to get my ass handed to me before coilovers slicks etc...

Im leaning towards the boost as i know a deal like this only comes along, well, never. So what do you guys think?

proper brakes and suspension will make you faster than a turbo
id go after the coilovers and slicks

$800 turbo kit is garabge. don't even consider it

i certainly know the benefits of a well sorted suspension. While the Eibach springs and shocks arent the greatest they are livable for the time being. The car does have brembo blanks and some great pads front and rear that i think they stopped making since, and ive had a beer too many to remember right now. Someday the stainless lines, bushings, etc etc will get in there... Its not an $800 Ebay turbo kit, a friend of a friend had it in his integra at about 12 psi for a year, until the kid got greedy with the boost and grenaded his engine.

Perhaps all im really saying is i already know what works for me and this car suspension wise and im thinking a little boost would be fun. Ofcourse i know then clutch and LSD will have to follow shorty thereafter... sounds more like im holding pandora's box, life was so much simplier with that trusty old Z6

Back