to buy a 1997 corvette or not to buy

To buy or not to buy

• go for it, its your still young..

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • don't do it....drive the audi and be happy save your money

Votes: 12 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

corvetteguy78

VIP
So here is the deal...per my name you all know i love corvettes...I may be able to pick up a 1997 White 6spd with 43k on it for 10-12k. It would be my "pleasure" car and i would be keeping the Audi.

Seems mint but have yet to drive it or see it in person. Would run me about $195-$220/m + another $150 insurance. Realisticly i can afford the car no problem but with the economy you never know..

13108482245.268060099.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

Consider your employment position carefully. It wasn't too long ago you were out of work.

If you are comfortable with your income vs. risk situation, go for it. I would.

I'm kind of torn, coming from my own position of course.

I will own a vette in my life at some point, so I say go for it.

On the other end of the spectrum, I'm also looking at this from the fact that I have 10 months left paying on my car, and I'm so freaking tired of car payments right now... so I say don't and save your money.

Was that any help at all?

i have a hard on for the previous generation, in white, with HUD and 5 speed :)

finding one... ugh if i ever do consider it bought.

Until you can pay for your "pleasure" in cash, 100% no.

dont you have a loan out on genny?

my situation was a bit different... while i do have a loan on it, i got out of a higher one (-350/month). if i could have sold the m out right, i would have, and i wouldn't have a genny. it was the only way to get rid of it.

the economy is still trash i wouldn't take on any more responsibilites that you can't cover in cash right now.

EXACTLY!!!!

Do you have 6 months of savings? do you have 0 debt other than a house? Can you pay cash for the car?

If you answer no to any of these, pass on it. get your mind right. buying that car with credit is typical honda owner mentality. 'why buy it later when i can get it on credit?' it's the wrong thinking.

and as far as corvettes go, ZR1 or nothing. lol

fuck that.

please allow me to live vicariously through you, i want a c5 so fucking bad. and that is one hell of a deal.

although i will slightly agree with reviewing your employment situation, im also going to have to say get it.
you may not come across a low mileage vett for that price again.

i would jump on it like kanye jumping on the stage for attention.

Truth be told. Dont get in over your head. Unlike our President's plans for the country, your plan should not add a dime to your deficit ;).

corvettes are cheap everywhere dude.

yeah, i know they are falling in price.
down here, a nice c5 vette with 100k+ still goes for between 15 and 20k.
you can find higher mileage, shitty condition ones for under 15, but they are usually trashed pieces of shit that need body work or engine work.

working at a dealership, it was still hard to come by a clean vette for that price, not even low mileage. wholesale they were going for between 12 and 15k with between 80 and 120k on the clock.

so the one he found, would be one hell of a deal down here.

well then, if it's that good of a deal, he should buy it and flip it. do that 3 or 4 times and pay cash for one.

cars, women, and money come and go. that debt will stick with you for years.

:werd:

If you could buy it for 10 and sell it for 15, it would be silly not to.

But, is anyone other than you buying corvettes right now? You might check your local market and see how long those 20k vettes have been for sale, my guess is several months with lots of joy riders.

Affording the car payments is far from an issue , i can buy it and still put $600/m in my savings...And i just found out it was automatic so its a no go. I'll never buy another auto corvette again....:(

Back