to buy a 1997 corvette or not to buy

To buy or not to buy

• go for it, its your still young..

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • don't do it....drive the audi and be happy save your money

Votes: 12 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

torque is fun for about a week. then you will just wish you had a car that handled like a go kart again.

hondas dont handle like go carts.
you want go cart handling with performance? go drive a lotus.

hondas drive like shit. no matter what kind up mods you do to it, its still a shitty riding fwd torque-less pos.

hondas dont handle like go carts.
you want go cart handling with performance? go drive a lotus.

hondas drive like shit. no matter what kind up mods you do to it, its still a shitty riding fwd torque-less pos.

i drive a fit, and i occasionally drive my dads 05 z06. the acceleration will leave you drooling for more, but when you drive it everyday, it loses its mystique. especially when you take it up in the hills. it handles like garbage. you have to fight it though every turn. basically, when i drive my fit, my abs hurt from holding my body up through the turns, and when i drive the vette, my arms hurt from trying to keep it under control.

i agree with you fully on the lotus's. i would love one.

The C5 Z06 looks almost identical to the base C5. Do the rims really make that big of a difference to you?
rim size in proportion, wire mesh grilles over the front air intakes flanking the license plate mounting, and functional brake ducts. Additional mesh-covered grilles are found behind the doors, covering ducts for cooling the rear brakes, red brake calipers, titanium exhaust tips.

i drive a fit, and i occasionally drive my dads 05 z06. the acceleration will leave you drooling for more, but when you drive it everyday, it loses its mystique. especially when you take it up in the hills. it handles like garbage. you have to fight it though every turn. basically, when i drive my fit, my abs hurt from holding my body up through the turns, and when i drive the vette, my arms hurt from trying to keep it under control.

Sounds like you have no idea how to drive, or you're just spewing garbage to support you import fanboyism,

Sounds like you have no idea how to drive, or you're just spewing garbage to support you import fanboyism,
oh gheez. here we go again with another self loathing honda driver. maybe you just really hate your honda or maybe you have never driven a vette for an extended period of time. either way, i was stating my opinion from experience. i could sit here and list off all my accolades in racing, but i dont like to brag.

i believe cars should have the engine closest to the wheels its powering. mid engine/rwd cars are the best out there. front engine/rwd, i dont like the feel of them. thats my OPINION and if you dont like it, thats fine. no reason to belittle me for not liking what you like.

Like I said. They almost look identical. Some mesh, tips, and rims make that big of a difference to you? I like my D window rims better than Z06 anyway.

oh gheez. here we go again with another self loathing honda driver. maybe you just really hate your honda or maybe you have never driven a vette for an extended period of time. either way, i was stating my opinion from experience. i could sit here and list off all my accolades in racing, but i dont like to brag.

i believe cars should have the engine closest to the wheels its powering. mid engine/rwd cars are the best out there. front engine/rwd, i dont like the feel of them. thats my OPINION and if you dont like it, thats fine. no reason to belittle me for not liking what you like.
Yes, a MR setup is ideal, but FR>FF everyday. My old roommate had a C5 Z06 that I had plenty of experience driving. In no way shape or form does it "handle like garbage", nor did I ever have to "fight it through every turn". Unfortunately I haven't driven a C6 Z06, but I somehow doubt that it's worse in any way shape or form than the C5.

lol, a C5 Z06 handles like shit? Then you must hate the 2004 Porsche 911 GT3 considering the 2004 Z06 has the same exact performance numbers for $60k less money

Have you seen the C4/5 conversions? I hadnt until today and I must say I actually didnt hate it. The guy that lives across from my parents back home did it. Normally I hate conversions. This ones not perfect but most arent. His rims are GAY!
l_79fd2c0d00d642cda89362643e8a886a.jpg

l_2a305a4108c54543bc7c915b73e16064.jpg

l_48a004a2eeb64a2d8ff577268e206f05.jpg

l_904cd924e627427f9a21ac333d550631.jpg

Last edited:

Haha I'm an idiot, when I first read this I thought it was awptickes saying it, because of the Fit. I'm on my cell so I can't see user info and there's no pictures. Its fairly easy to scroll past names that way. I'm so glad its not awptickes because this has to be one of the most retarded posts I've ever seen. Comparing a fit to a vette is a moronic thing to do. I'm guessing this kid just doesn't know how to drive. That's understandable, he probably has no throttle control in the corners.

lol your abs hurt because your seat sucks. period.

That and he must be an out of shape pussy. I've never gotten sore autocrossing.

Leave your Daddy's Vette alone. I'd hate to see one wrecked because you can't drive it correctly.

haha you guys are funny. getting all bent out of shape because my opinion on a corvette's lead heavy steering and excessive torque makes for less fun than my fit. you guys really shouldnt assume about people because you have no idea who i am or what i do. it makes you guys look foolish. unsubscribing from this thread full of yentas.

Like I said. They almost look identical. Some mesh, tips, and rims make that big of a difference to you? I like my D window rims better than Z06 anyway.
surprisingly those little touches do make the difference. sometimes the little touches like a spoiler or having aluminum rims vs plastic hubs change a lot.

That and he must be an out of shape pussy. I've never gotten sore autocrossing.

then you aren't trying hard enough. until i put the harness in the car, i was always sore after autocross. i even had that device that holds your seatbelt tight... didnt work well enough.

i cannot stress enough how important seats and a harness are to even just an amateur autocrosser. i LOVE my seats for daily driving. for autocross, being held in the seat tightly allows you to only have to utilize your arms and legs for control allowing for faster, smoother times. it also does well to improve your focus. with your body flailing about, you have to fight the forces AND the course / speed of the car.

Back