1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To buy or not to buy, this is the question.

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by All Show, Sep 13, 2003.

1. All Show

All Show Member

I am shopping for a Y8 or Z6 to build turbo engine and I have found this one

I had some concerns about the engine so I wrote the guy and this is the history on it

Should i be concerned that the head gasket is blown and is there a chance that there is problems with the head as well.

Does the compression of 8:5:1 sound right if the head has been plained?

Is uberdata like hondata?

What about the ecu, he said that there is something burn out in it but it work fine, does that make any sence?

Is there some thing that i am missing here? Should i be concerned with this engine, does it sound like to you guys that this engine worn out and would not be reliable.

Any advise would be great, I don't want to buy some peice of junk that will give me grief all the time. Thanks

2. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

i'd pass on it.

the compression is just too damn low. its going to be slow.

plus, blowing a headgasket could sometimes lead to worse thigns

3. kingwilly

kingwilly Senior Member

dont buy it until you check it out...like the last post man said blown head gasket could be just the beginning...drain the oil pan and look for flakes of metal and shit..be careful bro..shop around some more

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted