To buy or not to buy

• Buy the RPF1s & throw my project budget off by some serious cash. I.e., have to wait for upgrades u

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pass them both up and wait like originally plan

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quoted post[/post]]
subydude.com

and 17x8 for sure... don't screw with that 7.7" crap :p

I didn't really want a 17x7 rim but if I can fit a 225 tire on it no problem and save some weight its no big deal.

What rims are you talking about on subydude? Subydude carries a ton of rotas but non are really light weight, so not really what I'm looking for.

Those Motegi Racing Trak Lites look good to me, the 5zigen Fn01r's look decent to me, the Enkei RPF1's look good in gold/bronze, I like rota slips but they're too heavy - I really don't know what I'll wind up with.

I refuse to buy the SSR comps which is what I really want, simply because the car may never see the track and that kind of money for a street rim makes my stomach turn.

a 225 tire will also fit on a 6" wheel... doesn't mean you SHOULD do it.

a 225 on an 8" is ideal. i wouldn't go any lower. you'll get the \ / ballon effect...

Quoted post[/post]]
a 225 tire will also fit on a 6" wheel... doesn't mean you SHOULD do it.

a 225 on an 8" is ideal. i wouldn't go any lower. you'll get the \ / ballon effect...

Well of course the wider the rim, the better the fitment of the wider tire but I think it could be done without many repercussions if the rim is 7 or 7.5 inches wide.

Basically I see your point but I'm going to go with whatever is the cheapest and lightest.

Back