To Do

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Prowler

Super Moderator
Right now, I'm going back to my oem taillights. I'll do what a friend did, and black out the reverse and turn signal area, but leave the brake light area stock. Then it's fully legal and I don't need the reflector license plate frame any more. Kinda opposite of Si taillights (red/black instead of red/white). I hate the amber part on mine.

Once my tax return gets here (about 4-6 weeks), I've got a lot to do.

First on the list is to hook up the LCD screen I bought. Not sure where to mount it yet, so if anyone has an idea, please mention it. The screen comes with a mounting stand for the dash. It's a 7" Audiobahn TFT screen.

Next is finding a place for my PS2. Where can I securely mount that? It's the new one with a pop up tray instead of the sliding tray. So in the end I'll need even more mounting space than if I'd bought an older PS2. Hmmm... Need ideas there.

For the LCD and the power inverter, I'm going to run a power distribution block under the dash. Not sure where to buy one, so I could use a link or something.

Then I have to pick up a specific Phoenix Gold amp on ebay for $120. The plan is to buy a 4 gauge amp wiring kit that I will run from battery to the cap, and from the terminal on the cap I'll run two 8 gauge wires to each amp. Would that work? Both amps are under 400 watts RMS draw, with a 1 farad cap inbetween.

If I have any money left after that, I'm going to get my carbon fiber hood. The debate right now is either a Versus hood for $300 new or a VIS for $425 new. Both are available in town. Hence the reason I have my oem hood up for sale here.

Then tint before April.

So help out with any info on my installs.

your car is a sedan right?

if so, i would put the lcd screen maybe inbetween the front seats on the e-brake console thingy. if you want the front passenger and driver to see it then just put it on the dash.

for the ps2, put it in between the back seats; sort of integrated with the seats or just put a cover over it so itll be like a arm rest for the rear passengers.

dont forget to put the fuse in front of the cap. it sounds like itll work; its preferred to have the cap as close to the amp as possible.

Get the optional audio console its perfect size for the screen. And if you had bought the older PS2 I would says take it apart and intergrate it into the console also. I did this for my friend, it was his idea, he took the shit apart and we mounted it behind the console, there was a few things he did to make it fit but I dunno, I'm not good with the actual electronics of it. Bad thign about it is you loose the lighter and ashtray, but we got the controllers and everything to fit in the front.

What is the optional audio console? Do you have a picture?

THat's aweseome, but I don't have $125 for a center console. I have too much else to do before that. But I"ll keep it in mind for a later date.

I never woulda bought it, but i figured why not, my whole cemter console was broken so i needed something.

Originally posted by Prowler@Jan 24 2005, 04:34 PM
What is the optional audio console? Do you have a picture?
[post=450505]Quoted post[/post]​

2932-kg9cf5w4cx.jpg

it's what I have..

I'll get pictures of my dash setup tomorrow. And of the new taillight setup. I'm betting most people will lit it more now than with the complete black outs, but I can't say the same. At least it's all legal now.

install2.jpg

:)

Works good, but I wish I could tilt the screen back a little more so I could have a better view. But oh well.

Also forgot to add a new picture of the taillights. Before they were clear lenses completely blacked out.
taillights02.jpg

taillights01.jpg

Originally posted by Prowler@Jan 30 2005, 03:12 PM
install2.jpg

:)

Works good, but I wish I could tilt the screen back a little more so I could have a better view. But oh well.
[post=453443]Quoted post[/post]​

Do you know anyone that can do fiberglass? if so you can mold that screen into where your cupholder goes really well has a nice tilt to face the driver i did one in a 99 si and it looked great. the ps2 thats about as good of a spot as your going to get unless you do quite a bit of work and make something to put it in because i molded the ps2 into the side where the screen was by the passengers legs went and that looked good as well as being easy to use.

Back