To dream a little dream...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Another key factor is the salt flats themselves... its NOT hard pack pavement. it's like driving on marbles. it has a ton more rolling resistance than smooth pavement and offers a ton less traction. Accelerating to 100 with a high powered car will be a challenge.... basically lighting up 1,2,3,4 like they are all first gear, and thus wasting acceleration time and distance. It might take you a full mile to do what you can do in the 1/4 on pavement.

Traction

That is something I am going to have to experiance out on the salt. I have to wonder how much horsepower is the limit. Pursuant to what you had said earlier, 200mph is probably going to put an Integra beyond street legal if it is going to be achieved. But at that point I will have done the 130/150 and probably be obsessed with the idea.

I will be asking a LOT of questions when I finally get out there for the 130 run.

All the horsepower in the world is going to be useless if I cannot apply it to the ground. I am no physicist, but I have to wonder if lightening the car as much as possible is going to help. With the horsepower needed to actually get to 200 something is going to have to compensate for the shifting nature of the salt underfoot. Do they make speed rated snow tires :p?

I am under the impression that downforce created by a spoiler is greater in the rear of the car than the front.

Has anyone ever built a rear wheel drive Integra?

Though at that point it would really be some monstrosity of a honda blasting down the salt, not an Integra...

Of course, now I see the Traction link...

Those scrawny ass tires are a real mind fuck...

I can see his point though. Scary to think of all that dust causing a wider tire to hydroplane. I wonder if I would have to put them on all four corners. I also wonder what they might cost...

Wow, that really isn't much space at all. I am to assume you run all motor then?

I seem to infer that the B20 block might be a safer option under boost then? I'm back in Boston atm, so I can't look at my reference material...

That build was all motor, yes. The B20 isn't any safer- these sleeves that I had are much stronger than stock. I'd still boost on them- just not enough to get you to 200mph.

That build was all motor, yes. The B20 isn't any safer- these sleeves that I had are much stronger than stock. I'd still boost on them- just not enough to get you to 200mph.

Safer, no, new sleeves would be a must. I am just wondering how much more material I would have available, or even if i would have to bore at all.

B18C1
  • VTEC
  • Found in:
    • 1994-2001 USDM Integra GS-R (DC2/DB8)
      • Displacement: 1,797 cc (109.7 cu in)
      • Compression: 10.0:1
      • Bore: 81 mm (3.2 in)
      • Stroke: 87.2 mm (3.4 in)
      • Rod Length: 137.9 mm (5.4 in)
      • Rod/Stroke Ratio: 1.58
      • Power: 170 hp (127 kW) @ 7600 rpm
      • Torque: 128 lb·ft (174 N·m) @ 6200 rpm
      • Redline: 8100 rpm (Fuel cut-off @ 8200 rpm)
      • VTEC Engagement @ 4400 rpm
      • Transmission: Y80(No LSD) 5-Speed Manual Transaxle
B20B
  • 1996-1998 specs
  • NON-VTEC
  • Found in: USDM and JDM Honda CR-V, Honda Orthia
  • Displacement: 1,973 cc (120.4 cu in)
  • Power: 126 hp (94 kW)) @ 5400 rpm
  • Torque: 131 ft·lbf (178 N·m) @ 4300 rpm
  • Rod length: 137 mm (5.4 in)
  • Compression: 8.8:1 or 9.2:1
  • Bore: 84 mm (3.3 in)
  • Stroke: 89 mm (3.5 in)
  • Redline: 6300 rpm
  • Fuel Consumption: City 9 km/L Hwy 14 km/L
Yes, I pasted these from Wikipedia...

The B20 bottom end is already 84mm and boasts a larger displacement. Once resleeved I have to wonder what the static compression should be, or for that matter what style of static/effective compression is appropriate.

The b20 simply has thinner sleves from the factory. Both at 84 or 86 have the exaxt same room availble to them.

Safer, no, new sleeves would be a must. I am just wondering how much more material I would have available, or even if i would have to bore at all.

The B20 bottom end is already 84mm and boasts a larger displacement. Once resleeved I have to wonder what the static compression should be, or for that matter what style of static/effective compression is appropriate.

All depends on the pistons- I wouldn't use the OE pistons. The stock sleeves will still hold up to a good amount of abuse as long as you avoid detonation and stay with an 84 or 84.5mm bore, but a resleeve is always safer.

The b20 simply has thinner sleves from the factory. Both at 84 or 86 have the exaxt same room availble to them.

Yup. If you have the GSR block already, use that.

Back