to keep or not to keep the VAFC2...that is the question!!! what are your thoughts???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vteclude22

i currently have installed the VAFC2 on my NA b18c. the motor is stock except for intake and exhaust. when i got the car, the first thing i wanted to do was to rip the damn thing right out of there cuz i originally heard they were junk, but then i got to reading and searching a little more and now i'm torn and whether to keep it or tear it out.

i heard if your motor is basically stock, to get rid of it.
are the VAFC2's plugged into the TPS (throttle postion sensor) or do they have anything to do with the TPS, cuz i am throwing a CEL for that sensor.

what are your guys' thoughts on this??

does anyone have a PDF file or a link to the installation instructions to the VAFC2, so when time comes, i can uninstall it?? thanks

Yes it's connected to the tps sensor.

I have one. I use it to set my vtec point. I have it cause it was there for me to use when i did my swap. I don't know enough to use it's advanced features so i don't mess with them, but i know they can be used fairly affectively if tuned correctly. I find its read outs nice and informative though, made setting my tps sensor to the right positon a snap cause it gives the voltage read out,...but so does a volt meter lol.

http://www.apexi-usa.com/pdfWiring/12.pdf thats the wiring diagram. Pretty easy to take out, just have to butt a few wires back together. Their telephone support is pretty awesome as well, very knowledgeable.

There really is no need for it if your engine is stock. Your engine will run fine with the proper ecu, no piggyback needed. :)

Back