to much fuel

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRX2NR18

i just did a Minime a6/z6 vtec swap in my HF, well i got it to run, i can rev it up but its pouring to much fuel into the motor. It backfires alot and miss's at low rpms... i got the PM6 ecu also, what can cause this, im getting a bad TPS sensor..could that be it?

thanks
TJ

id start off by fixing that tps code. I know that it can give you a hesitation and poor throttle response, but i dont know about backfiring. your cts can make you run very rich.

my zc was doing the same type of things with the bad tps sensor, it was running extremly rich and smoke was coming out of the tailpipe. Replaced it and fixed it the first time, the tps had to just be adjusted to get it to idle right.

map sensor will make you run rich as hell. some map sensors are mounted to the trottle body, very very common. others are mounted on the fire wall, in my case the old engine had one on the trottle body while my new engine needed one that mounted to the firewall. it may sound like you either need a new throttle body or to find a new map, but you can reuse your old one it may be made to mount on the TB but a hose will slip riight on the end, then you just have to get the vaccum hoses right.that may have been useless to you but it fixed my civic that was getting like 7mpg. a oil change will be verrrrrrry nessisary, alot of fuel will get into your oil running that rich. good luck

Back