to much gas break pistons ???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chacal06

is it possible that to much gas messes up the pistons ? my mech told me that the guy who does the machine work for him that to much gas was going threw so it fuked up my piston or piston rings i have lsvtec have aem fuel rail a fuel preasure regulator and gsr injectors wondering if its possible ?

Maybe if you hydro-locked the motor with gas. If you're running rich, I believe most you'd see with the pistons is just extra build-up/soot.

If the fuel pressure was set at stock, then there's no way it could be dumping a large amount of extra fuel...though too little fuel and improper timing can cause detonation which could kill pistons. What ECU are you using btw?

seems unlikely that excess fuel damaged the pistons. all b series injectors are 240cc by the way. if the car was running THAT rich you should have known... bad exhaust smell, popping sounds from exhaust while decelerating, hesitation when trying to accelerate, etc.

lsvtecs will never run to their full potential on a stock or "chipped" ecu. spend the money and get it tuned properly, its worth it.

too much fuel can cause wash out. with 240cc injectors, i doubt it's possible unless you have a severely wrong chip/progam in there

dont even know wat hydro locked means so i doubt i hae done it !! also how would i know exactly if im running rich...i kno my car is wastiing more gas then it supposed to but not sure wat to look for !? not even sure wat ecu cuz i sent my p28 to chip it and im using some other single came non vtec ecu :-( .....i have type-r piston the fuel was set to almost like the type-r

Back