To TYPE R or to not TYPE R?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SiLenTSpeeDEk9

I'm planning on going all motor turns style racing on my ek9 but i'm stuck on whether i should go gsr and build up the head, or to just get the jdm integra type r which has a higher compression ratio and better built head and both intake and exhaust manifold. Not to mention the already included lsd thats in the type r. What's better? :huh: Keep in mind this car isn't gonna be made for the dragstrip, pure turn hugging, gut wrenching g's. B)

u gotta tell us how much $$ u have, what u wanna do with the car, autoX drags cruisin? even tho those 2 engines are similiar they are also very different. go b18c5 if u wanna stay n/a without a doubt. i hate fuckers that destroy a b18c5 by turboing it. :fr:

Originally posted by SleEPeR_CRX@Sep 12 2003, 06:03 AM
u gotta tell us how much $$ u have, what u wanna do with the car, autoX drags cruisin? even tho those 2 engines are similiar they are also very different. go b18c5 if u wanna stay n/a without a doubt. i hate fuckers that destroy a b18c5 by turboing it. :fr:

word! :angry:

If you're just going to swap and leave it at that, get the C5. If you have lots of money to blow after the swap, drop in the C1 and build it up later / at the same time.

my reasoning for getting an itr was that it already came with an lsd and all the parts that everyone puts in a b18c like the valvetrain, pistons, manifold etc. and i can always sell most of the internals for a good price if i want to upgrade (ie: cams, valvetrain)

If you have the cash, and aren't looking at a qaurter mile monster, get the ITR. Better out the box, period.

Back