Toda Spec A for my ITR?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Domi31

I was reading on the B-seires Cams from the refrence section. Because I am on a budget and looking for decent power I am inerested in the Toda Spec A cams. My motor is a 97 JDM B18C ITR in a 92 EG. According to the info provided it says "no vavletrain or ecu requirements needed." Does this mean I can just buy these cams and put them in and see some noticble power diffrence?

I do have a hondata S200 system, If I get it tuned with that what numbers are possible with these cams? Other mods are just I/E and Plan to go with a 4-1 header.

I am looking at these cams becuase of cost, do not want to put much money in the head, I figure I could sell my ITR cams and make up most of the cost for the Toda.

below are what i read on the cams from this site:

Toda Spec A
Int-290 dur. / 11.6mm lift
Exh-280 dur. / 11.2mm lift
Valve Springs to be used: Integra Type-R up to 8800rpms or Toda valve springs for all operations. These cams are wild enough that you should not be using the low 8200rpms rev limit.
Description: One of my favorite set of cams. Toda does not actually mix and match their cams but they are similarly tied when it comes to power. The Toda A will offer the midrange gain of a Type-R cam but the high-end gain of the Toda B cam. These cams will have gains from midrange to 8800rpms with peak gains concentrated on 7000-7800rpms. These cams are great for a street motor and are really nice for cars equipped with a stock B18C5 motor (no valvetrain or ECU requirements needed). These are the only Toda cams to retain stock idle characteristics. I recommend using Toda cam gears with these cams.

You can run pretty much any "stage one" cam with a stock valve train. :)

Yes I know that my ITR valvetrain would hold up just fine but what are the numbers that are possible with a tune? And what do they mean that "no ecu requirements needed"

So I want to know what power I can make with a tune and can I get power even with out a tune?

ohh I see you from Nor Cal too, you cant sleep either

Just to help you help me, Im looking at 190-200 whp. This is with a proper tune. Im hearing that Toda Spec A wont do that much power (this is from friends)

also If this is the numbers im shooting for would Skunk2 stage 2 be better, then just pay extra for the valvetrain and cam gears? thanks for any help

Thanks I have heard alot of good things from CTR, and besides I already live in Modesto:p, Ive seen them run at CMI at Sac raceway

Yeah, I figure might as well change the Valvetrain, Do it right the first time, right.

Back