Toda spec B camshafts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

khai_tuan_nguyen

I can get the Toda Spec B camshafts with Type r valvesprings and port flow retainers for $750

Is this a good deal? Also what do you guys think about using the type r springs rather then the toda springs like they recommend? These cams will be going into a b20 vtec and only revving to about 8k max, what do you guys think about clearance issues? The head has been milled because of a blown head gasket.

Thanks
Khai

i wouldn't run those springs with those cams... i know what deal your'e talking about, i wanted to buy the cams themselves :) get it and sell the retainers and springs, pick up some toda springs oem retainers and toda sprockets and call it a day

Originally posted by pheonixb16aguy@Jul 25 2004, 03:57 AM
jeff at ib has dyno to prove his cams are the SHIIIAAT
[post=367769]Quoted post[/post]​

:bo: :bo: is that stated in the guarantee too? :p

Originally posted by khai_tuan_nguyen@Jul 23 2004, 12:40 PM
I can get the Toda Spec B camshafts with Type r valvesprings and port flow retainers for $750

Is this a good deal? Also what do you guys think about using the type r springs rather then the toda springs like they recommend? These cams will be going into a b20 vtec and only revving to about 8k max, what do you guys think about clearance issues? The head has been milled because of a blown head gasket.

Thanks
Khai
[post=367336]Quoted post[/post]​

EDIT.. you neet to switch the inner springs...see 2 posts below after reading this one..lol

Yes thats a really good deal.. I ran that exact spring combo with my toda b's for 2 years with no problems except breaking a timming belt in the end. I also ran them in my first 2ltr with the original IB spec pistons 7cc , pistons were at 0 deck with no clearance issues at all. I put down 220 with that setup

Originally posted by Tbone+Jul 26 2004, 06:13 PM-->
khai_tuan_nguyen
@Jul 23 2004, 12:40 PM

Thanks
Khai
[post=367336]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes thats a really good deal.. I ran that exact spring combo with my toda b's for 2 years with no problems except breaking a timming belt in the end. I also ran them in my first 2ltr with the original IB spec pistons 7cc , pistons were at 0 deck with no clearance issues at all. I put down 220 with that setup
[post=368413]Quoted post[/post]​

so you can run spec b's on ITR valvetrain? i thought the lift would be too much. how high did you rev that motor? hmm... i'd like some b's :p

OPPS I read it wrong, you need to switch your inner springs to portflow as well. So itr outers with portflow inners

Back