1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toda spec B camshafts

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by khai_tuan_nguyen, Jul 23, 2004.

1. khai_tuan_nguyen

khai_tuan_nguyen Senior Member

I can get the Toda Spec B camshafts with Type r valvesprings and port flow retainers for $750

Is this a good deal? Also what do you guys think about using the type r springs rather then the toda springs like they recommend? These cams will be going into a b20 vtec and only revving to about 8k max, what do you guys think about clearance issues? The head has been milled because of a blown head gasket.

Thanks
    Khai

2. khai_tuan_nguyen

khai_tuan_nguyen Senior Member

any ideas?

3. B16

B16 Super Moderator VIP

i wouldn't run those springs with those cams... i know what deal your'e talking about, i wanted to buy the cams themselves :) get it and sell the retainers and springs, pick up some toda springs oem retainers and toda sprockets and call it a day

4. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

:bo: :bo: is that stated in the guarantee too? :p

5. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

good info, I didn't even know that IB now makes cams...have to check out their new page.

6. Tbone

Tbone Member

EDIT.. you neet to switch the inner springs...see 2 posts below after reading this one..lol

Yes thats a really good deal.. I ran that exact spring combo with my toda b's for 2 years with no problems except breaking a timming belt in the end. I also ran them in my first 2ltr with the original IB spec pistons 7cc , pistons were at 0 deck with no clearance issues at all. I put down 220 with that setup

7. B16

B16 Super Moderator VIP

so you can run spec b's on ITR valvetrain? i thought the lift would be too much. how high did you rev that motor? hmm... i'd like some b's :p

8. Tbone

Tbone Member

OPPS I read it wrong, you need to switch your inner springs to portflow as well. So itr outers with portflow inners

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted