Toda Spec B

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Pootie

anybody have videos of cars idling w/ toda spec b cams?....when my car idles, it sounds like it has a small vacuum leak :( .....sounds nothing like what i was told it would sound like....i want that mean lumpy sound!!!!!!

maybe you should fix your vaccuum leak then :D seriously, how is it idling?

you WONT get a lumpy sound from ANY VTEC cam- why? thats the whole point of VTEC.\

if you want lumpy, get toda's vtec killer cams.... and have a full race car that makes no power till 5k.

i jus dl'd a video someone posted of a car w/ a crvtec i believe....that car sounded mean as hell at idle....anyone know what cams he's usin?......that's how i wish my car sounded

What video was it? Where did you get it?

If no lopey idle with vtec, then why does Jason's car lope with Crower stage 3's?

is the car u referring to, the hatchback w/ the 2.0 that just had a video of it posted?...if so, that's the one i saw a video of....THAT'S what i want my ride to soudn like

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 6 2003, 03:02 AM
you WONT get a lumpy sound from ANY VTEC cam- why? thats the whole point of VTEC.\

if you want lumpy, get toda's vtec killer cams.... and have a full race car that makes no power till 5k.

Some VTEC cams still lope at idle- they have more gains under VTEC than smooth idle cams.

like what ones? even though some aftermarket cams make the non-vtec lobe taller/longer as well, its still generally not enough to give the idel the v8 put pa pa put ta pap pa sound :lol:

No, typically not. I'm not sure which ones will give you a lumpy idle, but I've seen the specs listed that say "lumpy idle" with VTEC cams.

see, the way i see it, v8's with cams run like 550+ deree durations. we run like 300 tops on a serious build vtec duration. the numbers speak for them sleves

Originally posted by Pootie@Mar 8 2003, 02:51 AM
is the car u referring to, the hatchback w/ the 2.0 that just had a video of it posted?...if so, that's the one i saw a video of....THAT'S what i want my ride to soudn like

Yes, that is what I am talking about. I love lopey idle. It gives it that mean touch. Fuck that granny idle shit.

Back