TODA VTEC Killer Cams

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I was told you can put a ZC cam in the A6 and get a decent increase. a little more lift = 5-15hp? can pick a ZC cam up for 30-60$. or try to junkyard it. Cheap and easy. Im a Californian and i dont wann turbo my CRX with a d15b2 multipoint with DX trans so im picking up a ZC cam for minor increase of hp(turbo later?)... but im new to engine building so i may be completely wrong.

There are a lot of helpful posts on here about building a frank engine... my buddy has a D16y8 with a A6 head and that thing stomps vtec daily. He has only been beat by a D15B2 Vtec which was built to the max.

5hp maybe, 15 no way. You get a tad more exhaust duration a bit more overlap. I forget what the exact specs are on the SOHC ZC cam- but the one that was measured and then posted out to d-series and a few other sites came out of one of my blocks. I think it's 10 degrees more exhaust duration with 5 degrees more overlap compared to the A6 cam.

Back