today, today, today....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90 accord

Chicks dig the box
VIP
well today went for good, to great, to the best, then to the worst.

i finally payed off parents..(i owed then 1600, for help payment for car). then i got paid more then i expected on my check. then i ran a 15.42 @ 89.868 with a 2.380 60 ft. not the best times, but hey, better then the 16 i had previously posted..

then the worst..

i got arrested. excessive speed, and racing/ exhibition of speed. (which is kinda funny as i was on my way home from the track, where i made ~12 runs) i was currently kicking a mirage's ass, when they "lasered me at 75 in a 40" or so they claim. took me to jail, along with the chick i was racing. the cop she got pulled over by let her off, so my cop let me off as well. saving me a $650 bai(bond? whatever..) this was at 11:30 pm, so there was virtually no one on the street..

anyway, court date is may 26th at 2:30.

i'm not looking for sympathy or anything, and please, dont flame. i know the error of my ways.

the real reason i am posting this is for a little help. would you guy's reccomend me getting a laywer? how much will it cost me to get one? any other random hints and tips for me?

thanks for your help.

Never been hit with those, and after I got arrested I got bailed (through a bondsman, only way I can afford) and then in court, got dismissed because of a clerical error. Sorry, it's no help, but the point is, I went to court, and would have faced it without a lawyer, your fines aren't that high, and a lawyer will probably be more expensive, especially if you try to fight it. A state defender if you want one will plea you out, maybe cut some community service, and lower probation, if that's what they would do.

Plead guilty, and ask for a differal if they offer it in your state.

Basically it's a contract you sign and go on probation... If you violate probation, you get hit with everything, violation of probation and the original charges. If you make it out of probation without a hitch, the charges are dropped clean off your record.

It never hurts to talk to a lawyer about it, either.

that sucks dude...i say just go in and plead guilty. Theres really no way to fight something like racing. I have been to court 10+ times, and i have noticed that whenever you plead guilty, those fines get reduced, sometimes by a lot, sometimes just a little, but its better than pleading not guilty, and being found guilty, cuzz then you gotta pay the full fine + more court costs...bottom line, just plead guilty, maybe give the judge a puppy dog face or something...hehe

I don't think getting a lawyer would help, not when it was 72 in a 40mph zone. Act very apologetic and offer to take a class in safe driving or due some hours of community service. As a first time offense, they may be more sympathetic. At least you automatically are scheduled for a hearing, rather that you needing to request one.

It's always a good idea to behave yourself on the roads after any track event. Even at autocross, the organizers get all pissy when anyone leaves the location with an "atttitude".

Originally posted by Airjockie@May 13 2004, 04:39 AM
i was currently kicking a mirage's ass

Best thing I read all day.....hehe :lol:

shutup you.

he probably doesnt even know what it had under the hood nor do i think it would be a 4g coupe/sedan. more than likely those overweight 5g bitches. stock for stock, the 4g sedan 5spd will still whoop on the 5g coupe 5spd. (motor to motor since the mirage comes in a 1.5 and 1.8 motor trim)

ill tell you right now - the mirage's auto tranny must be the worst in history. ever. the difference is so uncanny it hurts. the 1.5 5spd is actually faster than the 1.8 auto for both generations.

ask for a public defendent they can pull some strings and maybe get it dropped. my public denfendent got a DAR off my record

Daaaaaamn Jamie...

My advice is DEFINITELY get a lawyer and I'd be weary of if that cop actually had a LASER radar either....that shit's expensive and the only place I've EVER seen a laser was at the Indianapolis Airport.

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@May 13 2004, 06:32 AM
Were you and the girl in the tank together? Did you get her number?

:werd: :withstupid:

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@May 13 2004, 09:32 AM
Were you and the girl in the tank together? Did you get her number?

pizza face; she had a bangin body though.. her boyfriend was in the car with her, and they gave me a ride to my car after they let me out. they were fucking cool. turns out that he is going to school for cnc machining, and is going to open up a shop as soon as he graduates. got their number and all, and we are going to keep in touch..

anyhoo, thaks for all of your advice, keep it comming!

lawyers ain't free... if you're going to plead guilty (which is the consensus opinion) why the hell would you pay a lawyer?

Call the DA's office and ask what the penalty is if you do not already know. Ask the DA's office if there is a deal that can be worked out. Play the apologetic/remorseful part. That's all an attorney would do. The advantage the attorney has is that he knows all the attorneys in the DA's office and can get a better deal easier and faster. Typically the DA will recommend a sentance to the judge.

On the day of your trial dress as conservatively as posible. NO earings/piercings, NO tatoos showing, NO trendy clothes. Otherwise the judge will hate you before the DA or you can say anything. Just to be on the safe side get a haircut, wear a pressed (one color) dress shirt with a conservative tie, creased slacks and polished dress shoes.

Looking like a hoodlum will have the judge treat you like one. However, if you look like a young Republican and give the "I'm-really-embarassed-to-be-here-what-was-I-thinking-to-be-so-dumb-as-to-street-race" look, you'll be FAR better off.

That said... what are you effing stupid to be street racin'?! You effing moron! You should be locked away forever!!

:p

yeah, i am just praying that i dont get my lisense suspended. that would really suck.

Back