Today's B Series Myth, 0wned.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 20 2003, 01:03 AM
ok ok ok ok ok ok... I'll respond... :lol:

LS vs GSR.... here we fucking go.

first, lets get the basics out.

I paid $1200 shipped for my complete LS swap, tranny, ecu, etc etc. for the record, we'll say its 1500 cuz i got a good deal.
The average GSR is 3500 shipped for the same above.

for the record, I'll call this a 2k difference.

out of the box advantages of the GSR:
-more compression
-better built bottom end (yeah, i know... but hear me out)
-oil squiters to resist detonation better
-more horsepower
-better flowing head
-better geared tranny

out of the box advantages of the LS
-cheaper
-flatter, broader torque curve, even if peak is the same as the gsr.

I could go on for days- but i am bored of typing this already....

What it comes down to, is the gsr is a better motor. For the money, the LS rocks. it can be made fast. for under 2 grand, bill built his hatch- ls motor/head/tranny, b16 pistons, ported head, crower valve train, and crower 403 cams. It smoked the ever living piss out of another hatch with an sir2 in it that we raced. it wasn't even fair. we had 4 car lengths on em by mid 2nd gear. but, thats a b16.
then, we raced another eg hatch, with an itr bottom end, gsr head, and gsr tranny. we were ahead until the top of 2nd (60 mph) and then SLOWLY they pulled away in 3rd.

bills car dynoed at 148 hp, and has the stock ECU, which cuts it out at 7000. the cams are designed till 8500. with a proper ecu, tuning, and a HEADER!! haha!!! i bet we would have pulled on the 2nd hatch with the itr/gsr from above.

be that as it may- its your money, do what ever the fuck you want with it.

b do you have the dyno slips for his. I am interested in them. What trq numbers is he putting down? What tranny is he running?

Back