Today's Birthdays

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I completely understand and love being able to get hammered and walk home from the pub.

You drive the wrong car :)

When I go out with friends, no drink in the world is worth not being behind the wheel.

Lets ignore my little stunt a few weeks ago. Terrible of me. Learned my lesson.

You drive the wrong car :)

When I go out with friends, no drink in the world is worth not being behind the wheel.

Lets ignore my little stunt a few weeks ago. Terrible of me. Learned my lesson.
Why can't I have both? But actually, another friend got a DUI this weekend. Prompted me to actually buy a breathalyzer to keep in my car. $100 now is definitely better than 100x that later.

Just kinda asking a general question for anyone who wants to answer it. But, I've never understood novelty of going out drinking. Expensive drinks, loud annoying people and having to calculate if you've drank too much or not. I've always enjoyed making drinks at home. No worries about a cab or getting a sober ride. I can have whatever friends over I'd like to see. And I've never had a desire to pick up girls in a bar. So if you go out regularly, why? And why not meet at someone's house instead?

I have friends of all ages that just go out to spend time with everyone else, and I know 90% of the waitstaff at the bar I frequent, which is 6 blocks from my house. I can walk there and back with no problems.

Just kinda asking a general question for anyone who wants to answer it. But, I've never understood novelty of going out drinking. Expensive drinks, loud annoying people and having to calculate if you've drank too much or not. I've always enjoyed making drinks at home. No worries about a cab or getting a sober ride. I can have whatever friends over I'd like to see. And I've never had a desire to pick up girls in a bar. So if you go out regularly, why? And why not meet at someone's house instead?

While I don't go out drinking nearly as much as I used to its the social thing. Meeting up for a quick beverage is way easier for my buddies and I at a given place and at a compromising distance then going to someones house. Also its apart of getting out of the house. Yeah I like to have company over, but when you're home often, its great to get out. I work in Bellevue, and its way more convenient to meet up with a couple co-workers for 1or 2 drinks after work then to go to someone's house.

If its guys night or something with just the dudes, we go to a walkable place or cab it. No use risking it. I don't want to endanger myself, someone else, or get in trouble.

But yes, its way more expensive and I agree with close friends and Family its much more comfortable to celebrate/indulge at home.

The only bar I really frequent regularly is a local one. No loud music, went to high school with all the bartenders so my bill is never too rough, and it's a lot like a big house party with no clean-up. Non-locals don't go to this place. But I definitely enjoy a low key house party too.

I don't mind the women in a bar though, haha. Only reason I go to other bars. Meet new people. I like conversing with strangers, making new friends.

I won't be using my new toy every weekend, but it's definitely going to come in handy so I never leave out of a bar when I shouldn't. Hell, my friend this past weekend seemed fine. But he had been drinking. You just don't know.

Back