1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Todays Lame Theory: 2012

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by reckedracing, Mar 13, 2010.

1. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

Theory - 2012 was established as the end date for life as we know it based on population increases and a limited amount of natural resources. Could major wars(WW1 WW2 etc), which drastically reduced populations, have postponed our shelf life by a few decades?

Could the Mayans last calendar cycle have been based on their observations of their own civilizations rise and subsequent demise?

Interesting read on Easter island, to give you an idea of overpopulation and unsustainable growth on a miniature scale.

*Easter Island
    Abstract
    In just a few centuries, the people of Easter Island wiped out their forest, drove their plants and animals to extinction, and saw their complex society spiral into chaos and cannibalism. Are we about to follow their lead?

2. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

2012 was based on lunar and solar events (planet alignments, etc), not human events.

3. AHHVTEC

AHHVTEC Well-Known Member VIP

i just dont understand why they think something is gona happen just because everything lines up.

4. Capt. Orygun

Capt. Orygun Win the Day

I vote for a massive Chinese recession after more then 20 years os 10%+/yr GDP growth which will keep them from buying our debt, destabilizing the dollar

and the beginning of the next ice age

5. Capt. Orygun

Capt. Orygun Win the Day

and Chuck Norris dies giving terrorists enough confidence to attack America...

6. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

gravitational pulls get all fubar. any number of things may happen. we may see seas rise 20 feet overnight, or receded 100 feet. the rotation of the planet may slow or speed up by over a day a year.
    the pulls may cause a massive solar flair that will wipe out mercury venus, earth, and the front side of mars.
    the asteroid belt around juipter could lose orbit and cause massive meteor showers of epic proportions, possibly ending life on earth.

or, nothing at all will happen.

7. DarkHand

DarkHand Senior Member VIP

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 14, 2010
  8. dacheat

dacheat ..is grounded.

x2. have you ever played with magnets on a flat surface? you line 'em up kinda like our solar system, biggest one in the center, and then you know, the rest around. then line 'em up - shit gets a little crazy, and that's only 2D. our solar system is in the vacuum of space and is basically a giant magnet set full of radiation, volatile gases and projectiles.

also our planet has a history of pole shifting.

"Based primarily on accepted, technical data, Hapgood argued that each shift took approximately 5,000 years, followed by 20,000 to 30,000 year periods with no polar movements. Also, in his calculations, the area of movement never covered more than 40 degrees."

source: Viewzone: Polar Shift Theories

given all of the recent violent activity on earth's surface and below (even like in the last couple thousand years, on a grand scale of time), i think shit's coming unhinged sometime soon (again, could be within a few thousand years, or this afternoon, it isn't like we really know i guess). if we knew scientifically and did nothing to minimize the costs in say, Haiti, we're bastards. so i want to pretend we don't have ways of predicting. :(

haha!!

9. klyph

klyph Dismember VIP

I think recked needs to put the pipe down.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted