Todays Math Lesson...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by civicious@Feb 2 2005, 02:45 PM
For a real-world math lesson, teach them about negative numbers.

'Okay kids, if you have 98 cents in your bank account, and you use your debit card at McDonald's for $8.95, you now have -$37.97 in your bank account!'

This could also be effective in teaching them about fucking bullshit overdraft fees.

:huh:

edit: Betcha can't guess where I ate for lunch today, and how much I spent! Blah...
[post=455256]Quoted post[/post]​

Goddamn you eat a lot. 9 bucks at mcdonalds?? Christ...

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 2 2005, 03:15 PM
i still want to know how forehead to chin and ear to ear make a circumference.

you must have a wierd shaped head :unsure:
[post=455369]Quoted post[/post]​

hahaha... I drew a round circle and put ears, a nose, eyes, etc... so it was kinda looking like a :) <~~~ yellow face LOL

P.E. Teacher?!?!?! Damn, I remember my p.e. teacher, Mr. Spencer, boy, that fool made us run like a mofo, he was in the military, he was the band teacher, piano teacher, jrotc teacher, and p.e. teacher... he was a freaking nazi the way he worked us out hahaha... then again, I never gained wait LOL :worthy:

Originally posted by 2000Si+Feb 2 2005, 10:37 PM-->
civicious
@Feb 2 2005, 02:45 PM
For a real-world math lesson, teach them about negative numbers.

'Okay kids, if you have 98 cents in your bank account, and you use your debit card at McDonald's for $8.95, you now have -$37.97 in your bank account!'

This could also be effective in teaching them about fucking bullshit overdraft fees.

:huh:

edit: Betcha can't guess where I ate for lunch today, and how much I spent! Blah...
[post=455256]Quoted post[/post]​

Goddamn you eat a lot. 9 bucks at mcdonalds?? Christ...
[post=455665]Quoted post[/post]​

try going to McDonalds before the car show and ordering 60 cheese burgers hahaha... *can you please park sir, it'll take 10 minutes hahaha
that happened to us in florida

Fuck McDonald's and its lame ass chicken selects for 9 dollars. I'll go to Wendy's and get 15 kickass chicken nuggets for 3 bucks.

Originally posted by B16RacerN2NR@Feb 2 2005, 05:30 PM
:werd: :lol: ...and to civicous...if you know your going to overdraft, just do what i do, let's take washington mutual for example, they give me a $500 overdraft limit, so i take my balance down to cents from buying gas or something, then i go to the bank and pull out $500, that way you get charged only 1 overdraft fee and you have money in hand that you'll need later :p

:werd:

I've been having to do exactly that quite a bit lately. :D

Originally posted by Calesta@Feb 3 2005, 09:42 AM
Nice Nacho :)

I can relate to teaching the kids by analogy... that's how I've always been successful.
[post=455780]Quoted post[/post]​

seriously, teachers are assholes at times or they suffer from chronic amnesia... I guess they were born know-it-all and can't remember how hard it was to learn new math questions... that's why I think of the stupidist way to teach kids and it works... sometimes I scare myself LOL but hey, if I have to be stupid at times, for every single child to get it, I shall have to do it... you really change a childs mind by the way you interact with them...

I agree to a certain extent- but you should see the kids my girlfriend teaches. They're just not worth the effort.

Originally posted by Calesta@Feb 4 2005, 10:04 AM
I agree to a certain extent- but you should see the kids my girlfriend teaches. They're just not worth the effort.
[post=456352]Quoted post[/post]​

not worth the effort:

I've been hit with an airpump by a kid

i've been socked by another kid

I have been called, asshole, fuckhead, bitch, imma get my dad/uncle/bro/friend to kill you cuss they're from _______ gang...

FUCK YOU MEXICAN BASTARD!!!

uhmmm, damn, I have suffered hahahaha and I still work there...
out of 30 kids, 5 will always be assholes, the other kids are worth it... then again, 5 are to much to spoil any class... :)

Back