today's music officially sucks

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sometimes I wonder how people sleep at night knowing fools like this are recieving millions of dollars and the praises of millions of teenagers.

kayne west sucks, john mayer sucks, usher sucks, alicia keys can sing but i dont like it, hoobastank sucks, tim mcgraw sucks, jay z sucks, nelly sucks, ll cool j WAS cool but now sucks, green day now sucks, bestie boys used to be cool. LOL, todays music does suck.
ill stick to my metal and underground hip hop.

Most music, including rap, sucks today. Kanye West puts out unbelievably horrific music, and I can't fathom why he's so popular. I suppose it's because no one else in the mainstream is putting out good hiphop to contend with the drivel from Kanye, Sean Paul, Ja Rule, etc.

10 nominations? Boggles the mind.

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Dec 7 2004, 11:31 AM
kayne west sucks, john mayer sucks, usher sucks, alicia keys can sing but i dont like it, hoobastank sucks, tim mcgraw sucks, jay z sucks, nelly sucks, ll cool j WAS cool but now sucks, green day now sucks, bestie boys used to be cool. LOL, todays music does suck.
ill stick to my metal and underground hip hop.
[post=427691]Quoted post[/post]​

That about sums it up!! Although I think the Beastie Boys are still the shiznit, just not quite as good.

John Mayer sucks? Stick to metal and underground hip-hop and relish the fact that you're oblivious to what music is.

Originally posted by Kcihcaton@Dec 7 2004, 02:35 PM
John Mayer sucks? Stick to metal and underground hip-hop and relish the fact that you're oblivious to what music is.
[post=427695]Quoted post[/post]​

hahaha :lol: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

I cant' stand today's music. I will listent to pretty much anything, but nowadays' hip hop or black music fucking sucks. I listen to stuff they will never play on the radio.

Originally posted by Kcihcaton@Dec 7 2004, 11:35 AM

Huh... Kinda like John Mayer, huh?

There's so much good older music, that I don't fuss too much about the overall qualilty of the current artists. As with cars, sucky music makes the good music sound even greater! And also with less new tunes to buy, that saves me a lot of money in the long run...

Originally posted by Callidus@Dec 7 2004, 02:48 PM
I cant' stand today's music. I will listent to pretty much anything, but nowadays' hip hop or black music fucking sucks. I listen to stuff they will never play on the radio.
[post=427706]Quoted post[/post]​

same here, i love hip hop, but i hate 99% of the new stuff that is out today. Im not a fan of mainstream, i love people like aesop, sage francis, slug, dilated peoples, planet asia etc etc... radio music, for the most part (and im talkin 99.9%) sucks. The new rap sucks, with idiots like lil fucking jon and all those idiots. :angry:

Originally posted by Seany-izzle+Dec 7 2004, 01:54 PM-->
@Dec 7 2004, 02:48 PM
[post=427706]Quoted post[/post]​

same here, i love hip hop, but i hate 99% of the new stuff that is out today. Im not a fan of mainstream, i love people like aesop, sage francis, slug, dilated peoples, planet asia etc etc... radio music, for the most part (and im talkin 99.9%) sucks. The new rap sucks, with idiots like lil fucking jon and all those idiots. :angry:
[post=427711]Quoted post[/post]​

FUCK YEAH man, I'm listening to Bazooka Tooth right now. And I'm pissed at one of my friends for stealing Labor Days from me. Blackalicious, Dialated Peoples, Jedi Mind Tricks, Slug....you know where it's at. I also listen to other stuff. I like some punk-ish rock like Thrice, other harder bands too, but I also listen to Frank Sinatra a lot. Incubus is my favorite band, and I had been waiting almost 2 years to see them in concert. They were bad ass, played for over a hour and a half straight.

Originally posted by Battle Pope+Dec 7 2004, 10:49 AM-->
Kcihcaton
@Dec 7 2004, 11:35 AM
John Mayer sucks?  Stick to metal and underground hip-hop and relish the fact that you're oblivious to what music is.

Huh... Kinda like John Mayer, huh?
[post=427707]Quoted post[/post]​

No, but he's an amazing guitarist, singer/song writer.
Just because someone doesn't like them doesn't mean they suck.
You should be able to listen to something and say, "I really don't like that, but I can see why that person is making millions doing what they do."

right on. ive seen incubus once with taproot and deftones, it was an insane concert. im like you withe the music, i LOVE hip hop and hardcore real metal, but i also like van morrison, tom petty, incubus, bob marley, some of the used, the doors, bob dylan..... lol im weird. if you listen closely to some rap music now, they are using old riffs/beats/music .... Lonely People is a song produced by kayne, the beat and the whole background is by the beatles. the new trick daddy has the beat and sound clips from crazy train.... sounds like the puff daddy method to making music is back.....great.

Actually there isn't much music that I hate. It's more a matter of my mood and what I'm up to at the time. What's that line from that old Mounds/Almond Joy candybar commercial?

"Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't...."

:p

John Mayer may be an awesome guitar player, but the drivel that he's releasing into the market sucks. All of this new whiny, diluted, uninspired rock (Mr. Mayer, Creed, Coldplay, etc) will hopefully soon die a horrible, flaming death, along with new metal and rap, and we can get on with advancing music, rather than the musicians' pockets.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Dec 7 2004, 02:04 PM
John Mayer may be an awesome guitar player, but the drivel that he's releasing into the market sucks. All of this new whiny, diluted, uninspired rock (Mr. Mayer, Creed, Coldplay, etc) will hopefully soon die a horrible, flaming death, along with new metal and rap, and we can get on with advancing music, rather than the musicians' pockets.
[post=427819]Quoted post[/post]​

Don't you mean the record labels' pockets?

Originally posted by Battle Pope+Dec 7 2004, 02:14 PM-->
dohcvtec_accord
@Dec 7 2004, 02:04 PM
[post=427819]Quoted post[/post]​

Don't you mean the record labels' pockets?
[post=427828]Quoted post[/post]​

Either/or.

Back