Today's shooting

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i'm pretty sure i'd rather be shot than stabbed.
just sayin

I'm pretty sure I'd rather be alive than dead.

I'm just really really sorry for these victims so young, the hate that exists that caused this and the families of the victims. This community is going to feel this forever.

Edit: The only reason I said the above was because assholes on fb saying if we had guns banned see they wouldn't have died bs. I completely disagree with this sentiment.

Last edited:
i'm pretty sure i'd rather be shot than stabbed.
just sayin

I've been stabbed, I can honestly say I got lucky. The cop told me more people die from knife wounds every year than gun shots, then he told me how dumb I was and sent me to the hospital

point being, im here to post this. i never ever want to be shot by any gun

Last edited:
I know that was directed at me, but still.. that was good.

I do thin that society does need to change their views on mental illnesses and find ways to get people who need help the proper care.

Start it. Volunteer tomorrow. There are plenty of places in CT to work with such cases, and they are begging for help.

No one wants to work with the mentally unstable. It's the horrible profession in the medical field. I've done it before, for a few months. And I consider myself a pretty strong dude in the area of keeping my shit together. I had to stop. I told myself I was taking a break, but I never went back.

I have several mentally unstable "friends" that I have had to distance myself from, because they became a danger to my family. One of which was the guy from Ansonia who threatened Sylvester Stallone last year, saying that he wrote "The Expendables".

The mentally unstable need friends - mostly. And if you can do that, you have to distance yourself. And you can't call someone a friend when they distance themselves.

No one wins. This is why most of the world just put them away to die in the dark ages.

sounds a lot more reasonable than most of the other theories being banded about

I was actually putting that theory out there the other day. I remembered reading once that America consumes over50% of the prescription drugs in the world, and we have some of the highest ratings of this kind of violence. I really do think its a big part of the problem. I bet if you found some charts showing the amount of prescription drug usage between 1900 and today, and the amount of gun violence between the same period, it would have a direct correlation.
And remember, it was much much easier to get a gun in the earlier parts of last century.

We also have the best media coverage. Shit like this happens all the time, and worse in places like Africa. but no one writes about it or covers it on the news for 8 days straight commercial free. That's just how shit is.

I will say that the attention garnered by this is a bit disproportionate. We've killed more children in Pakistan with drone strikes, but you don't see the president wiping tears for them. Hell it rarely even makes the news, which ends up reading like: TODAY PRESIDENT OBAMA PERSONALLY KILLED A TOP AL QAEDA RADICAL ISLAM TERROMORISER (his wife, children, and most of the civilian community was in the mosque as well).

Here is something I read. It was falsely quoted as said by Morgan Freeman, but frankly, I still agree with the words, no matter who said it.

"It's because of the way the media reports it," the false statement read, in which the actor allegedly criticizes coverage of past school shootings. "Turn on the news and see how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single 'victim' of Columbine?"

According to TheWrap, Freeman's team is attempting to discern how the false quotes -- which became viral on Facebook and elsewhere online -- hit the web in the first place.

"Disturbed people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basement see the news and want to top it by doing something worse and going out in a memorable way," the phony quotes continued of late Newtwon gunman Adam Lanza. "Why a grade school? Why children? Because he'll be remembered as a horrible monster instead of a sad nobody."

The media shouldn't even name these people any more. Taking away that 'name going down in history factor' would probably be a huge deterent to future wanna be's who are looking to make a name for themselves.

Everyone knows a handful of serial killer names.
and it shouldn't be that way.

Disagree. Not only would that be a violation of free press, it would be the worst kind of media suppression. You're talking about giving some govt agency authority to censor media reports, tell me that power wouldn't be abused. While fame may be a small motivating factor, there's no way to demonstrate that policy to be effective. There is a strong argument to made regarding the abuses far outweighing any positive impact.

it wouldn't violate free press. Not releasing information does not stop the press from writing about it.

Look at all the records of 'who spoke to us off the record on account of anonominity' crap that happened. All these first responders talking to the press when they know they shouldn't be.

I'm reading reports that the fathers of both the Aurora and sandy hook shooters are witnesses in the LIBOR scandal. Wow.

How exactly does that piece together?

Back