Toe Problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jimboburgess

Go fast, Go Cheap
I just installed a Skunk2 Camber kit on my del Sol and now my toe is way off.
I am using a 1995 CX steering rack
What would cause this? Has it always been this way and i just noticed it now or could i have changed something with out knowing it?

I managed to adjust the camber properly.

what do you have to lower it? if you lowered your car, you may have the whong kit. it would cause problems there. you just need to get an alignment. your tie rods need to be adjusted. it's a pain in the ass. i did mine on saturday night.

Quoted post[/post]]
what do you have to lower it? if you lowered your car, you may have the whong kit. it would cause problems there. you just need to get an alignment. your tie rods need to be adjusted. it's a pain in the ass. i did mine on saturday night.

I have Skunk2 Coilovers

DIY alignment it may come down to. I just don't feel like being loose the tie rod nuts.

Quoted post[/post]]
I just installed a Skunk2 Camber kit on my del Sol and now my toe is way off.
I am using a 1995 CX steering rack
What would cause this? Has it always been this way and i just noticed it now or could i have changed something with out knowing it?

I managed to adjust the camber properly.

Did you do an alignment after the install? Anytime you mess with suspension components, it's going to throw the alignment off.

BTW, the diy alignment works as well as you want it to. I did mine, and it tracks perfectly, but the steering wheel is off center a couple of degrees. But the tracking is every bit as on as any laser alignment I have ever gotten.

free diy alignment by me >>> some guy who doesn't care charging me 60 for a laser alignment.

BTW, the diy alignment on that page isn't quite good, and I've modified the method frm the c-speed site. Their method doesn't do a good job of correcting a toe-in condition, and you actually have to check by pulling the string off the tire, and slowly move it back toward the tire until you see the the string hit front or back.

BTW, how did you check the camber for your tires? I ordered a camber gauge to take to the track with me, as I have heard that the markings on the camber correction kits aren't always/ever accurate.

Definitely always do an alignment after every suspension component change.

As for measuring camber- I always do it on an alignment rack. Make friends with your local service guru.

Did the DIY alignment to hold it until i sure up what suspension i am going to put in.

Drives much better but a single weekend of drivng with such horrible toe made me have to switch out tires.

Shoot my self in the head for doing burnouts with a bad alignment

Back