Tokico blues or KYB GR2s

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRAZYEG9

Okay, I will be running a Bseries engine in about 2/3 weeks in my 4dr, and I'm getting a moderate suspension setup since I live in NYC with Bad Potholes, and I do alot of driving. I will be running HR Sport Springs with either one of the 2. Tokico Premium Performance Shock-(the blue ones, I think HPs) or KYB GR2 Shocks. I plan to drop it a couple of weeks after the swap. Please give detailed explanations. Thankyou

If you just want to maintain ride quality but still with minimal performace gains I would say both of them would work fine. I would go with the HP's over the GR2's. If you want better performance (like in AutoX and whatnot) then you should look to the AGX's or Illuminas (which I would choose, but I'm a Tokico person, not a KYB person). They're only about $150 more.

i have kyb gr-2's, they ride nice but if your looking for performance i would go with agx.

just be very careful with those pot hole i know i cracked a rim when i was on 233 in the bronx man i was pissed, i had tien springs on at the time and they where bumpy as hell in the streets of nyc

The HPs are not bad, but I would go with the Illuminas so you can adjust the ride if you don't like the HPs. Or any adjustable for that matter, I hate being locked into one stiffness, sometimes soft is good, and sometimes stiff is good, and a nice mix of both can make you car drive like a completely different beast.

agx all they way the blue and the gr2 arnt adj. so when your out of the city and need tighter suspention u can tighten it uup right there

Im preety happy with my tokico blues, but would have gone with the Illunminas if i did it again, actually koni yellows with my current setup.

Back