Tokico Vs. Kyb

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nealo

Which ones would you guys recommend? I have a 94 hatchback and i can feel my stock shocks about to go about the drop. Tokico blues and Kybs are nearly the same price (kybs slightly cheaper), which ones are better?

Depends...tokico handle better being a stiffer strut than the KYB's, i just put the kyb's on my civic with 2.5 inch sprint springs and it rides almost like it has the stock struts on there. Soft and not as controlled. The tokicos were firm and sometimes a little harsh with neuspeed race springs. I think it depends on your springs too. Save your money and buy something adjustable, so you can set it to match your current spring rate. :angry: Don't waste money, you have been warned. :blink:

i have Tokicos on my Sol... i'm happy with them... ive tried acouple spring combos and the Tokicos seem to match up pretty well with the skunk2 coilovers pretty well.

i got some kyb's matched up with h&r's and they ride great. it's a firm ride but not harsh. i've had good experience with kyb's in the past that's why i got them again.

Originally posted by caeaves@Apr 25 2003, 12:51 AM
The tokicos were firm and sometimes a little harsh with neuspeed race springs.

riding on tokios on my hatchback with newspeed springs, i like them a lot but yes are sometimes harsh, i plan on converting to adj. coilovers - pulled everything out in the back hatch - sits higher now in the rear and looks odd

self owned hahah :p just doing a little editing...like the man said....edit edit edit haha then he spells own wrong, go figure.

Rode on some Tokico Illuminas / Tokico springs recently and it handles much better than my coilovers / KYB's. I'm going with Tokicos next time.

I'm riding on Tokico Illuminas on my EG coupe with GC coilovers and they are fine. It is a harsh ride but being that it's adjustable, i just tune it down to 1 or 2 to ride around town. On the weekends, I just turn them up a bit stiffer.

<_<

Go with the KYB AGX's. thats what i use and i got my shit slammed about 3 inches. and i have not yet had a problem.

RESPECT!

Originally posted by ForceFedSol@May 2 2003, 01:12 AM
<_<

Go with the KYB AGX's. thats what i use and i got my shit slammed about 3 inches. and i have not yet had a problem.

RESPECT!

:woo:

Originally posted by ForceFedSol@May 2 2003, 01:12 AM
<_<

RESPECT!

18's and a 3" drop? rub-a-dub-dub. :spin: .

Back