Tonight's Roadtrip

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

drinking! yes!!! good thing i dont have to drive till i get down there. :D

OOOO yer going to Richmond, Virginia. that is one dirty ass city. just watch out wherever u go in that city. one bad turn you will end up in the ghetto...

we didnt exactly go to richmond... haymarket? yea thats it. well we got there and the car was really nice, with some minor rust issues - but it had an extremely bad CV joint. it was an HF.... too bad coulda made a nice project car. pictures soon.

we made the trip in less than 24 hours. we went to DC and took pics, as well as stopped in baltimore for antiques/pics and college square?? for food...

fun trip. :D

Holy crap, that CRX is a potato chip.

We can find better around here man... Seriously.

-> Steve

Originally posted by rudeludenotmeanthough@Nov 9 2003, 12:00 AM
all that stip for nuthing?! oh wait.. did you not get it cause of the bad CV's?

steve: besides the minor blemishing, the car was in great condition. there was absolutely NO RUST underneath, and it was solid. everything was intact, and it ran great (for a carb).

obviously. why drive it home 500 miles, just to have the axle get fucked at a high rate of speed? ive had my share of driving fucked up cars, but that one would have taken the cake.

My report:
23 Hours, 1084 miles driven without sleep. Good dry roads, neglible weekend traffic. Fast smooth driving, no tickets. Saw Mill Parkway driven twice. :) Met interesting people, learned more about crx's, the '84 crx owner knows Angela Proudfoot ( http://www.angelaproudfoot.com/ ), had great Mexican food at College Park (and a whole bunch of cute girls came in for lunch while we were there ;) ), drove around Washington, DC, in Baltimore bought crabcakes to take home and got some free seafood & pasta salad from the cool counter person at Moe's Seafood Market, shopped two antique shops (score!), saw lots of nice clean cars, saw lots of eg hatchbacks.

Gas $56.00 Tolls about $13.00 Food about $30.00

Bought a small sterling silver and copper tray in Baltmore for $45, will probably sell it for $575, maybe more. Got a couple of other things too that I can make a little money on. So I can write this adventure off as a business trip. :D

Good times... and Chris, thanks for the company and your expertise!! One thousand miles added to my goal of a million for this car. And... I love my car even more, if that's at all possible. She was a pleasure to drive, as usual. :wub:

Steve: Hey! Don't go calling Suzy a potato chip!!! :angry: I would have sold you her headlights for your car... <_<

MK1 bracket and lamps. mint condition.

anyways, here are the rest of the pics from the trip.

roadtrip

id love to do it again, in a bit more comfortable seat. i never quite got used to EG seats. perhaps del sol seats... :p

footnote: suzy was the name of the crx. the boy who was supposed to fix up the car named it that. i wouldnt have mind bombing around in it or possibly buying it myself. it was in much better condition than redrex.

Originally posted by Green92HatchDX@Nov 9 2003, 01:36 PM
id love to do it again, in a bit more comfortable seat. i never quite got used to EG seats. perhaps del sol seats... :p

I felt bad leaving poor lil' Suzy behind. How about another road trip with more tools? I'll even put in the '00 Si passenger seat for you... lol.

Oh yeah... Linda's dogs were awful (Snapper and Drooler), making my Gypsy even more perfect a creature!

Snapper and Drooler ? Oh , you're in the south alright.

Why is this even slightly worth it to you to get this car ? I think Urban is now considering $200 offers to take all of his 87 CRXs.

-> Steve

Originally posted by Celerity@Nov 9 2003, 04:43 PM
Snapper and Drooler ? Oh , you're in the south alright.

I forget the dogs' real names. One has a strong alpha personality (hmmm... let's nickname that dog Pat ;)) that likes to nip people in the house (he doesn't care about outside territory), he even bit Linda a week ago (even broke through the skin on her thumb :(). The other one is a rottie mix, very friendly and with a high level of saliva production.

Suzy is cute and an '84 with a low production number of 326. At the moment, an '84 or '85 is what I would consider in a crx. Well back to thinking about the Peugeot as a winter beater car. It has heated seats too.

Originally posted by Celerity@Nov 9 2003, 04:43 PM
I think Urban is now considering $200 offers to take all of his 87 CRXs.

So does Urban have a for sale post somewhere?

Back