Tonights run in the LST hatch BIG :thumbsdown:

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92civicb18b1

The Trisexual
What a piece.

First I built absolutely no boost...ok np, I got a leak, relatively easy fix

Next, Feed line blows itself off. Now I have a huge mess to clean up. Again, NP clean up isn't too bad and there was no damage to the turbo or any other parts.

BOV needs to be adjusted. Cake (i don't build boost so i'm not exactly sure yet)

Piece of shit bolts shake themselves loose (turbo to mani), WTF

Should I use lockwashers, double bolts. This is a problem I can't deal with and refuse to have to deal with more than once.

I bet my neighbors are even more pissed now...Open DP is kinda loud

weld the turbo onto the manifold....jk...Lockwashers should work fine....ohh and cra-z glue...lol

Other than those problems..How's it running...?

it runs nice and peachy besides those problems. Idles a little high at 1800 at start up, 1100 after warmed up. Semi-quick with the LS, since I build no boost.

Do you have an intake pipe and filter on your turbo? I wasnt building more than 1 psi of boost at any time until I put that on mine. Are you using an oil restrictor on your feed line? Also, use a regular washer and a lock washer on those bolts. Thast what I did and Im not using a gasket and its holding liek a gem. Not one backing oput yet and its been 2 weeks. A friend of mine has bolts that back out every time he drives it :-/

nah I don't have a filter on it right now. Haven't had a chance to make a reducer yet.

Technically there isn't a restrictor. Its a 3/8" line slipped over a stock feed hardline from an 89 Saab.

I do have a gasket, I'm going to remove it cause everyones seems to be fine without it. Lockwashers are on there way.

you don't need a filter on it to make boost. lol you got some other probelm dude.

I think the couplers just aren't tightened or set right. Cause I'm sure it's capable of making boost.

The turbo starts to spin at about 2600 rpm.

I can't seem to find that thread on that valve thing to check for leaks. Someone link me to it please.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 26 2005, 09:21 AM
you don't need a filter on it to make boost. lol you got some other probelm dude.
[post=491524]Quoted post[/post]​

Going filterless prevented mine from boosting more than 2psi. As soon as I put my filter and intake on it boosted like normal. I even took the filter back off just to make sure I'm not crazy and it did the same thing (not boost).

thats wierd.

I mean I'll put a filter on it, because it needs it anyway. but I can't see how a filter would affect it. Maybe you have a boost leak somewhere, I think you should check that because your turbo might be working harder than it has too.

would it piss you off if i told you i made 33 psi open turbo? lol

as for why i was running 33 psi... 2 words: Fuck AVCR's.

lol

Damn...33 psi. But weren't you trying to run 28 or something liek that?

I'm trying to run a very conservative 8 psi here. I'll find the leak.

i was trying to run 11 to do some street tuning with... cuz my 3-bar was fucked up. i had the avcr basically set to off.... (can't turn it off...)

and as i go through a 3rd gear pull, i'm watching my boost gauge crawl past 30 psi... lol

so i unplugged the top WG port that led to the BC solenoid... and had 11 pounds all day long... made 300. so if i made 300 at 11, it was probably 500 ish at 33. lol ohh well, that motor sucked. and is long gone.

haha, electronics suck.

I think it was probably more like 600, theres a bunch of people on HT running less than 33 pound and are making more than 500.

Either way you should still turbo the Del Sol or the hatch.

damn 33 psi sucks! was the motor built at all? Friend of mine hit 31 psi on his GSX the other day and hes worried about his motor.

I guess it is possible that I have a boost leak somewhere but all my clamps are tight as they can be. air comes out of my bov at idle but when on the gas it closes right up.

Come to think of it, my turbo does whistle the entire time im driving. even when Im just cruising. I heard thsi could mean bad bearings, but I have VERY MINIMAL side to side shaft play and no in/out. Both inducer/exducer spin at teh same time....

Back