Too Lean or Too rich?? ex CE Light code 45

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gabspeed

hey guys im going crayzi trying to figure out whats going on i have a 99 dx with Y8 (vtec) head and im getting code 45 from the check engine light the book says is running ether too rich or too lean i have no idea what to do can anybody help..... thanks

have you done anyting weird like swap injectors? turbocharged? fmu? walbro fuel pump? aftermarket FPR?

if you've done none of the above, I'd check your fuel pressure and make sure your fuel pressure reguator is not going bad. I've seen that code before mostly on turbo OBD2 cars w/ the greddy kit, etc. (shit management) where they are always running really rich. If your FPR is dead, you could be running really rich too.

Originally posted by blundar@Sep 23 2003, 10:45 AM
have you done anyting weird like swap injectors? turbocharged? fmu? walbro fuel pump? aftermarket FPR?

if you've done none of the above, I'd check your fuel pressure and make sure your fuel pressure reguator is not going bad. I've seen that code before mostly on turbo OBD2 cars w/ the greddy kit, etc. (shit management) where they are always running really rich. If your FPR is dead, you could be running really rich too.

hey thanks alot it started happening as soon as i swap ECUs before i had the dx(y7) now the ex Y8 and no everything is 100% stock (besides the actual head) so i'll check the fuel reg. thanks

thank James Holy (hardlowrdranger) for this answer...

96+ OBD2 DX/CX (maybe HX?) and EX use different size injectors. I bet the EX (Y8) ECU is freaking out because you are using the injectos from your DX. 180cc DX vs 240cc EX

Originally posted by radnulb@Sep 23 2003, 03:57 PM
thank James Holy (hardlowrdranger) for this answer...

96+ OBD2 DX/CX (maybe HX?) and EX use different size injectors. I bet the EX (Y8) ECU is freaking out because you are using the injectos from your DX. 180cc DX vs 240cc EX

hey i clould've sworn that all the injectors were the same? dx ex are u sure about this numbers?? thanks alot laters

Back