too many cars

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

formby

learning in progress
so i use my 97 altima as my daily....since the day i bought it it needs a new timing chain and the clutch is starting to go....but the ac is cold as fuck and the ka24de has treated me good... however i wouldnt mind rebuilding it and adding boost(if i can keep the ac)....or swaping another engine like the sr20det. or a 99+ altima engine... but ive been reading on a couple forums about fitment issues with the altima...

the reason for all of this thinking is that the rex is getting expensive and the hatch is just beggin for the lsv....

i am just looking for some input on what i could do.....i dont want to buy another car just make the ones i have more reliable...cuz insurance would kill me....

BTW any forums that you guys know of i would appreciate...so i can get my search on

god... i want to so much.... but i just need ac....and i have no idea what i need to make the ac work in the rex and my climate controls are broke and i unbolted all the lines and ac shit from the engine bay....so its a mess that i cant fix......

plus the hb is virgin and i want to make sweet love to it....

plus i need a 4 door....i dont want to sell because a 4 door civic comes with a sohc and in the long run it will cost me more money....

i just cant find any solid info through google

watch those altima tranny's dude...

if your clutch is slipping make sure your gear oil is still up to spec...

the 5 speed altimas love to take out the main input shaft bearing, taking the seal with them, then leaking all the gear oil out till either the clutch slips to hell, or you smoke the shit out of the trans...

i've put 2 in my brothers car already...

A/c is really not as bad as people make it out to be...
you have a compressor, evaporator, condensor, collector and lines...
very very simple if you handle motors and tranny's...

just use synthetic oil and change the fittings to r134a and refill...
you'll be set...

wiring is simple too..
a/c switch, a/c fan, and compressor...

Originally posted by Celerity@Jul 27 2005, 01:47 PM
Why a 4 door ?
[post=532005]Quoted post[/post]​

i already have a 2dr and i like the alti....plus my insurance was killing me @677 a month for 3 cars....now its 375 a month for the hb and alti

I have an altima and can answer any questons you have. THere is hardly an aftermarket for the altima, my buddy tried to do all motor, spent a fortune on his ka24de build, and made 1 more hp than stock. It was a sad day.

Ive seen some quick altimas, all of which were boosted. Watch out though there really isnt any engine management available for them. I have a 5spd and its on its 3rd tranny ( i did a 5spd swap) I cant say Ive seen the whole input shaft bearing issue at all, we blow them up by beating the bag out of them til they sound like loose pocket change and grind all the way home.

As far as newer motor swaps, I've swapped in a 2001 into a 93 its almost as easy as a honda, just use your old intake manifold and all of your old sensors =) . Ive also done 2 5spd swaps on both a 97 and 99 altima.

Good luck,

PM Me with any questions

Originally posted by 94CivicSlow@Jul 29 2005, 12:50 PM
As far as newer motor swaps, I've swapped in a 2001 into a 93 its almost as easy as a honda, just use your old intake manifold and all of your old sensors =) . Ive also done 2 5spd swaps on both a 97 and 99 altima.

Good luck,

PM Me with any questions
[post=532960]Quoted post[/post]​

so if i wanted to use a 2000+ engine all i need is the old harness and sensors with the old intake manifold....

will it bot up to the tranny?
do i use the old ecu?
what about mounts....

bump for answer....94CivicSlow......

Back