Too many choices!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hmotors is a good shop.
gsr's will hold 300 stock with a proper tune all day.

Eg hatch and k24 is about these best bang for your money

I like the K24 idea because it seems like its unique Nd not many people are doing it but at the same time it raises concerns that no one is doing it. And another question I'm looking at hmotorsonline and what's the difference in a longblock K24 and regular K24? It looks like the longblock complete is cheaper than the regular one so I had to ask. And also is there a different in the two as far a torque, horsepower, etc?

long block is ONLY the motor/block/head. Complete changeover includes the ecu, axels, shifter, etc etc as it came from the car it was sourced.

Ohhhh I see now. Makes me feel like an idiot. Thanks for the help B and for putting up with my dumb questions

Tons of people swap k24s in civics. I'd stay away from the k24a4 from the accords. K24a2 is what you want good horsepower to torque ratio from the factory. It's also a good base to start off with.

Ya I was looking at that one but I don't see a LSD tranny option for it. I like the price and I have watched some videos on YouTube and they seem quick even on all motor stock. Do is there and LSD option that you know of for the K24a2? Because if I'm thinking right ere its a five speed out of the TSX so the K20 won't go to it I don't think. But speaking about the K20 what's the difference between the two? I see that the 24 is slightly bigger with 2.4 liters instead 2.0 but the horsepower doesn't seem different. Is there a torque difference? But thanks for the support and the useful help

the k20 head and cam is better which is why they throw it on the larger dispacement 2.4 liter. also that reminds me, stay away from a b20b/z block if doing a frankenstein, especially with turbo, they are a b18a/b block bored out from 81 all the way out to 84mm (thin sleeves). i think everyone would agree that if they had 12 grand and wanted a badass street car you dont have to fuck with all the time and can just hop in and GO they would do a k24/k20 as stated. look up the k series trans i think the tsx has lsd but im not sure, i dont have 12k so i never had interest in research on a k motor lol

Ok this ia my 1st honda iv always been a dsm guy but i bought a ef9 and feel inlove
so to make a long story short drive down the highway one day car shuts off
so i replaced main relay pulgs weirs ign coil dizzy cap the spiny thing in side the cap lol
fule pump. So she runs good for a day shuts off wont even stary now I
bought the car to do a swap. And now this so i found 1997 ex
it has the d16y8 in it cats was wreaked so i got the qhole car for 350
is eveything thier for me to do the swap? I been reading all thebthings about
odb0 or swicjing ot to odb1 i.think this is odb2 ? So everything is their
do i.have everything to put it in 1991 ef9 hatch??? If aome one could tell that would be
great thank you

Ya I will have to research a little more but from what I have seen so far no one has one all I have seen is a hydronic which is standard in TSX and it's 5 speed. But I have heard a lot of people running that K20/K24 setup and from what it sounds like its a badass set up. The B20 is out the picture now just by what I have been reading I don't want it now. So now it's between the K swap or the Type-R GSR. But I came across something last night I thought I could ask and see what you guys think. I saw in person a H22a turbo with cams last night and it would rip. I knew this could be done but I did more reading and from what I heard the motor is good but no where clost to the level of performance of the other two but runs 220 hp. Does anyone know much about the H22a? Thanks for the help @blackdahlia6. I'm going to look for that LSD tranny now!!!!!

Ok I'm searching right now and it seems like people are running K20 Type-S 6 speed LSD tranny on this swap. Does anyone know if this is true or am I just reading this wrong?

Ya that's for the K20 swap I'm wanting the K24 swap but I want a LSD tranny with it. My question is it seems like they are using the 6speed LSD tranny from that K20 swap, will it fit on the K24 block that I intend on using? Because I haven't been able to find any LSD trannys that are on K24s. I would think it could work but then again I don't know the kseries yet alone too much about Honda so. But with the horsepower and torque I will end up with LSD is a must

^ I didn't post that link as a "Do it like this" response. :) I posted it for a source of "Real" information and not speculative, Third Party or "I read about this somewhere" bullshit.

CAFROG has a "K Swap", maybe not the exact variant you are toying with - but, he has real experience with it and is a sharp dude. The thread even has 1/4 mile times and such, along with some "to be expected handling characteristics" when putting that kind of HP into a front wheel drive platform in terms of power/weight ratio and performance. Plus, the build is well thought out, and not just some "get an engine, slap it in" and see what happens scenario.

It's a good read.

By virtue of saving up $ to get what I wanted, I did 2 years of research before doing my first swap and there was still a significant learning curve when actually doing the work. Am I pleased with the results? Yep. Would I do it again? Absolutely!

Suggest you PM CAFROG and ask for his thoughts in the subject - he is probably a wealth of good information.

Last edited:
Oh ok I got you sorry about that I didn't understand what that was posted there for but I did read the first page and saw some things about his swap and what not. I think I might have to pm him to see if he may know the answer for my question as far as transmission. Thanks for the info dual!!! Sorry if it came off in a dick way I didn't mean it that way at all.

To the OP- if you have good fabrication skills, there are a few cheap ways to go if you know your way around a cutter/welder/mill. Here's one:

Gutted hatch, D transmission, spool, H block, turbo, suspension, slicks

If you're doing all your own work, you can do 10s for $12k in parts.

Undoing the work myself isn't a problem I had planned on doing it myself anyways so that's ok. But two quick questions about that. First in your list of parts you said spool, are you referring to the turbo or another part and if so what is the function of that specific part? Second question you said a D series tranny on a H block, I have never seen or heard of that but I have heard the B series tranny conversion. Do why D series other than B series? Thanks for the suggestions

Oh ok I got you sorry about that I didn't understand what that was posted there for but I did read the first page and saw some things about his swap and what not. I think I might have to pm him to see if he may know the answer for my question as far as transmission. Thanks for the info dual!!! Sorry if it came off in a dick way I didn't mean it that way at all.
You're coming across fine. ;) I would certainly suggest a PM to CAFROG and any other K Swappers as they can offer you real world insights into your concept.

Not that you're a dumbass here. That's not it at all - there's a lot to what you are contemplating (BTW, you've got some real experience advising you in this thread - I mean the other members of HondaSwap) - the CG of the car will change, (engine and tranny are heavier) so suspension will need to be addressed - springs, shocks, damping, sway bars and so on. CAFROG has gone into most if not all those aspects on his thread, and is at a minimum, aware of these types of considerations and has worked through most if not all of them. I know he also makes mention of ground clearance under the engine. Exhaust is another area of consideration, as is engine management.

You're getting ready to spend $10-$15 grand on a project that won't have much return value on your investment. You will want to be sure this is what you want as there's no going back and you don't want to piss your $ down a Black Hole with a Honda emblem on it.

Last edited:
Alright good. Ya I was going to pm him in a little while if I couldn't find the answers to a couple questions I have right now. I saw his ground clearance issue with the oil pan being far lower than what his B-series was so I was just going to keep following up on his suspension set up and what not. I know that the suspension set up is critical to getting power on the ground but right now I have to figure out the tranny question I have wondered. And I know I may spud stupid sometimes it's ok but I ask these questions so I can learn these things to maybe help someone else but it's great that everyone on here is so open and nice about helping out each other. Thanks dual!!!!!

Back