Too many choices!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

You have a place to build this monster? Another thing, since it's an older used chassis, I strongly recommend you go through it completely. Meaning brake system upgrades and Polyurethane bushings throughout.

It's when ya add up all the peripherals that the true cost is known. Throwing a used engine in a car is one thing. Putting a fresh rebuild in there is something else along with doing the necessary other upgrades - easily doubles or more like triples the cost of a simple engine swap.

So, not throwing cold water on it - but, remember to budget as you go and don't forget wheels and tires - some good sticky tires. :) Fuel pump too.

Ya I have a 3 bay with a lift, compressor even a/c and cable tv with a fridge a bathroom :). Ya well it's not quite a "budget" but it's what I have right now. I know if I do everything right and the correct way that the price can be significantly higher and that's ok I guess. I'm not doing the body work I'm getting a body shop to do all that and reprint it and reprint the engine bay while it's torn down but I'll probably do everything else myself.

Back