Too many miles?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

krout206

I've been looking to do an LS swap into my 94 Si and I can get a complete swap for about $1500 from a local salvage yard. My question is the engine I'm looking at is out of a 98 Integra and its got 103K miles on it. Is that too many to make a good swap? My current d16z6 only has 95K on it, I know thats really low but I just have a hard time justifying swapping in a motor with higher mileage than my current one. I know hmotors says their swaps average 35k miles but they cost $2200 plus s&h. I'm just trying to go about this the right way but also the least expensive as possible.

The mileage does matter somewhat but the condition of the engine matters more. You can have an engine with 60k on it that was beat to shit and one with 150k that runs mint. I would probably pass on the deal. It seems high to me but I haven't priced an ls swap in 5 years.

You have a 94, and the motor from the salvage yard is a 98 correct? if so you would want to get the one from Hmotorsonline and get the obd1 motor. It will be a little more expensive (not much when you add in the conversion harness and what not for the obd2 motor) and you will have far less miles. I just swapped my motor out from a d16y7 in my 96 hatch, and it was well worth it. Lots of torque and with the right tranny an LS can really move.

Back