1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

too much rear positive camber

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by typesiracing, Nov 13, 2004.

1. typesiracing

typesiracing Senior Member

94 honda civic dx

This is what i've done.

1. lowered car via sleeved struts and coilovers
    2. rear disc conversion

After the rear disc conversion the rear wheels looked like \ / i always though after lowering a car the wheels should look like / \ which would be an easier fix. This i don't know how to fix.

I'm assuming that i messed up somewhere. I would appreciate any help on this matter. No, i have not had it aligned yet because i want to eliminate any possible errors first.

Thanks for you help in advance.

2. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

3. typesiracing

If thats all i gotta do i'm fine with it. i'm just concerned about the direction the camber went, and if i did something wrong. I mean, i doubled checked everything and it appears i did everything right but if thats the case someone else surely has been through this.

4. bcman

bcman Senior Member

yeah, that's puzzling. where did you get the rear trailing arms from? did you see the car they came off of? when I bought mine, I got gyped - the car had been in a wreck, and one of the TAs was bent - not enough so I could see by looking at it, but when I put it on the car, toe was way off.

5. bcman

bcman Senior Member

if you can manage it, you might try the spindle swap onto your original trailing arms. If they're straight, that means you bought bad TAs.

6. nfn15037

nfn15037 Senior Member

Shocks, not struts and my money is on something being bent or parts for some other car if you actually do have positive camber.

7. typesiracing

i bet you guys are on to something because the car i got the parts from was in a wreck. But just like someone said....to the eye there appears to be nothing wrong...but the puzzling thing is both of them are off. thanks for the replies

whats involved with the spindle swap?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted