too much tire spin

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have a 90 model crx, that only weighs about 900lbs., how do I get both tires to pull instead of just one? :blink:

900 pounds eh... dont think so. But to help out try lowering your tire pressure. Or maybe learn how to drive and feather the gas. What is your goal in the first place?

Originally posted by LilRedTegRS@Mar 21 2005, 08:38 PM
I have a 90 model crx, that only weighs about 900lbs., how do I get both tires to pull instead of just one? :blink:
[post=476692]Quoted post[/post]​

How the he** you get your car to weight 900lbs....I doubt it....
Get Lsd. I dont know......BUt damn, where did you get it weight? THey lied to you man.....

Originally posted by YouKnowWhoIBee@Mar 21 2005, 07:40 PM
900 pounds eh... dont think so. But to help out try lowering your tire pressure. Or maybe learn how to drive and feather the gas. What is your goal in the first place?
[post=476694]Quoted post[/post]​

YEP! Thats right only 868lbs, gutted, tubed chasis, and fiberglass panels.

Originally posted by Taco15@Mar 21 2005, 08:17 PM
LSD is my friend. And damn that's a light car. hopefully not to light
[post=476726]Quoted post[/post]​

Excuse my french but what the hell is LSD? I just bought the car wed.., dont know too much about it. Got it already set up for drag. It has a B16A Vtec w/5 speed. Runs low 8's in the 1/8 mile, could be better but it spins from 1st to 4th.not much off the line with the spinning action.

Originally posted by LilRedTegRS+Mar 21 2005, 08:21 PM-->
@Mar 21 2005, 08:17 PM

Excuse my french but what the hell is LSD? I just bought the car wed.., dont know too much about it. Got it already set up for drag. It has a B16A Vtec w/5 speed. Runs low 8's in the 1/8 mile, could be better but it spins from 1st to 4th.not much off the line with the spinning action.
[post=476727]Quoted post[/post]​

Limited Slip Differential

Originally posted by Taco15+Mar 21 2005, 08:24 PM-->
Originally posted by LilRedTegRS@Mar 21 2005, 08:21 PM
Taco15
@Mar 21 2005, 08:17 PM

[post=476727]Quoted post[/post]​

Limited Slip Differential
[post=476729]Quoted post[/post]​

How do I check if I got it or not?

Originally posted by LilRedTegRS+Mar 21 2005, 07:49 PM-->
YouKnowWhoIBee
@Mar 21 2005, 07:40 PM

[post=476709]Quoted post[/post]​

if you're gutted and tubbed (wtf, its not real wheel drive), one would think that someone who can build a car to this stature would have not over-looked traction bars, limited slip differenetials, traction control modules, and, ohh at LEAST 500 pounds.

go back to the bullshit forums at stupidhonda.com you won't find people who cater to "bragging idiots" here.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Mar 21 2005, 08:30 PM-->
Originally posted by LilRedTegRS@Mar 21 2005, 07:49 PM
YouKnowWhoIBee

if you're gutted and tubbed (wtf, its not real wheel drive), one would think that someone who can build a car to this stature would have not over-looked traction bars, limited slip differenetials, traction control modules, and, ohh at LEAST 500 pounds.

go back to the bullshit forums at stupidhonda.com you won't find people who cater to "bragging idiots" here.
[post=476734]Quoted post[/post]​

Like I said, dont know much about it! I just bought it like it is!

Originally posted by LilRedTegRS+Mar 21 2005, 09:36 PM-->
Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 21 2005, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by LilRedTegRS@Mar 21 2005, 07:49 PM
YouKnowWhoIBee

[post=476734]Quoted post[/post]​

Like I said, dont know much about it! I just bought it like it is!
[post=476745]Quoted post[/post]​

:eek: woahhhh.....------> :p

ok uhh let me see take the passenger side axle and look inside to see if there is a bar inside the tranny di. If not then you have LSD. I've only look at it when the tranny was out but i think i'm right. Hopefully someone with more knowledge can explain better.

If you're doing 1 wheel burnouts, you dont have an LSD, plain and simple. They run about $750 unless you get them installed with your tranny, as is the case for me. I bought my b16a SiR through hmotorsonline and had a KAAZ LSD installed for $300.

Like B said, traction bars, good suspention, traction control, and a set of decent drag radials will all reduce your wheelspin.

Its way easier to jack the car up, put it in neutral and spin a side. If the other side spins too you have LSD.

Originally posted by projectxspeed@Mar 21 2005, 08:54 PM
Its way easier to jack the car up, put it in neutral and spin a side. If the other side spins too you have LSD.
[post=476762]Quoted post[/post]​

appreciate it fellas! gonna check it tomorrow!

Originally posted by projectxspeed@Mar 21 2005, 08:54 PM
[post=476762]Quoted post[/post]​

thanks dude, i knew ther must have been an easier way

wheres the bs flag

i want to see apic of the car on the scale that showes that weight

Why the fuck would he come on here lying about that?

Christ people. Just answer the guys question and stop being dicks.

*checks forum name*

Nevermind.....

Back