too much tire spin

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

a FULLY and i mean FULLY gutted RACE car CRX wieghs in at like 1400 lbs.

i'm talking lexan glass, 1-piece front ends, 3 gal fuel cell, 1 seat, a steerring wheel and a shifter.

i will bet $100000 dolalrs that your car does not weigh less than 900 lbs.

fuck it, $50,000 for less than 1400 lbs.

drive to CT, and we'll go up to the track and put you on the scale.

have your gold card ready.

A B16 running 8's is that street legal if this guy isn't bullshitting?
Ahhh fuck this :bs:

any ways now that every ones flammed him - my 2 cents
the chassis might be 900 lbs but then add in the motor and every other part on the car . None the less you are weighing in way more than 900 .. your car couldnt stay on the group at 900 lbs - once you go to a high enough speed you would need the extra weight to keep it on the ground . 8 second 1/8th mile - whats the quarter mile run - guessing the car would still be mid 12's to 13's if you could gain traction. For best advise in future never asume - only put fact and you will never be flamed again rule of thumb! Were all good people on this site-- some people are just quick on the draw when theres bullshit in the air !

:withstupid: :whip: :wall:

well as i see it, you got your self in alot of shit.. i want to see pics of this 900lb beast.ohh yeah on a scale, and then ill flame you/congratulate you... :beer:

Originally posted by LilRedTegRS+Mar 22 2005, 07:41 PM-->
Originally posted by Taco15@Mar 22 2005, 03:16 PM
TWISTEDIMAGE
@Mar 22 2005, 11:11 AM
:deadhorse:
[post=477003]Quoted post[/post]​

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: well i think we scared another fake away
[post=477125]Quoted post[/post]​

nah! trying to get photos downloaded! :D Then ya'll see!
[post=477275]Quoted post[/post]​

cmon woth the pics dude!..you better do it quick ot they'll ban ya :p (inside joke)

Originally posted by Taco15+Mar 22 2005, 09:10 PM-->
Originally posted by LilRedTegRS@Mar 22 2005, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Taco15@Mar 22 2005, 03:16 PM
TWISTEDIMAGE
@Mar 22 2005, 11:11 AM
:deadhorse:
[post=477003]Quoted post[/post]​

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: well i think we scared another fake away
[post=477125]Quoted post[/post]​

nah! trying to get photos downloaded! :D Then ya'll see!
[post=477275]Quoted post[/post]​

cmon woth the pics dude!..you better do it quick ot they'll ban ya :p (inside joke)
[post=477315]Quoted post[/post]​

RTFLMAO!! cant get my digital to work too good, gotta wait till daylight!

i don't doubt, i know for a FACT that it is NOT happening.

there is NO running drivingable, will-pass-tech-inspect HONDA car that weighs in at 900 lbs.

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/projectc...012scc_projcrx/

The quest for mileage also included a comprehensive lightening program. The lightest of all CRXs, the 1988 HF, weighed in at just a hair over 1,800 lbs (with a dry gas tank), almost 200 lbs lighter than the contemporary Si. While this bantam-weight chassis seems like a dream come true, remember that much of this lightness comes from the undersized engine, tiny brakes and light, 13-inch wheels. The HF even went without front and rear anti-roll bars to save weight. Adding performance will naturally involve adding weight. The HF is still the lightest chassis to start from, however, thanks to limited standard equipment (The lack of a sunroof alone saves nearly 50 lbs.), lighter bumpers, a slightly smaller gas tank (by 1.3 gallons), less sound deadening and lighter seats. Because of the skinny, low rolling resistance tires it was equipped with originally, the steering on the HF is actually quicker than on the Si.

By 1991, the CRX Si had grown to 2,115 lbs--porky, when compared with the original, but still exceptionally light by modern standards.

now, tell me how your going to take an already-bare crx hf, and cut its wieght by MORE THAN HALF, while adding a 100 lb heavier b-series motor? an intake that isn't 1" around? a 1.25" exhaust?

you're full of shit, and i'm sick of this bullshit.

you can't and won't prove anyone wrong. you're an idiot for even THINKING your car weighs 900 lbs.

hell, the smart city car with a .6 litre engine weighs over 700 kilo's
http://www.wisebuyers.co.uk/motoring/car-s...04%29/SM000004/

730 KG = 1955.83719611 troy lbs.
730 KG = 1609.37451395 avdp lbs.

not even close to 900 lbs.and that is quite possibly the smallest car ever made.

Originally posted by b18c5crxtasy@Mar 23 2005, 10:42 AM
i think the appropriate question is: "how long do you want to rev to 10k?" i can probabaly get my d16a6 to 10k if i wanted and had the appropriate ecu. i just lost my license for 3 years, so i've been running that bitch to computer rev limit every chance i can. i'm going to have to sell my baby. that sucks, i used to warm it up a whole minute before driving. now i drive my stock d16 i/h/e to 7.5 or wherever the computer stops it, and it feels great. smell some serious brake and clutch, but why do i care now right. i'm going to spend this 3 years building a monster lsvtec or crvtec.

it is amazing how much better 7.5 sounds than 6.25k on a proper exhaust.

run it as high as you can, but don't expect it to live for long unless you build the crap out of the head.

-j
[post=477507]Quoted post[/post]​

if you're trying to brag about 900lbs who cares....if you manage to run you're computer at 2.54ghz rather than 2.5ghz who cares but you??? what you need to do if you're only looking for straight line is weld your f*ing diff. if you have no consideration for the engine and you just want straight line acell. just weld your diff together, simple. this is not a road racing fix by any means, but in drag race you can be sure both wheels are receiving the same force. which means both wheels are receiving the same amount of force from the engine.

not your typical force of least resistance theory.

if you're looking for auto-x then get a F*in gsr and and lsd

Shi* or get off the pot, your car has to adhere to your needs.

-j

Back