Too much VTEC?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

But this is what this forum is all about, im not an idiot and i know how to use a search button and such. I'm not new to cars but ive only learned soo much. I like everyone in this forum and appreciate all help.

I would never get into a brawl with blanco anyway, he seems like V from V for vendetta, no one messes with a guy who can talk in kick ass riddle all the time, which i'm sure he could.

that and he might have a army behind him lol

i had the b16 sir2 and mine hit around 5800 rpm. my current motor b16a2 hits at 4500 rpm and i have a gsr ecu in my current car. hmmmm

i had the b16 sir2 and mine hit around 5800 rpm. my current motor b16a2 hits at 4500 rpm and i have a gsr ecu in my current car. hmmmm

99-00 civic si ecu has a vtec crossover of 5500 rpm. The gsr ecu has vtec crossover at 4400 rpm. I am unsure of the p30 crossover point, I usually run chipped p28's with altered crossover points depending on my cams. But if its stock cams, its the stock crossover for me.

Good stories Blanco. You really do need to do things for yourself to fully understand. Now heres my quick story about my car related history.

I have been deeply interested in cars since i was a kid. Unfortunately for me i was born in Toronto (biggest city in canada just in case you didnt know) and ive been living in suburbia my whole life, never had much of an opportunity to work on a car, just drive alot. Everytime ive had one of my cars at the shop or on a lift id always want to be in there watching or looking underneath. After an aerostar and 2 daytonas ive ended up with my beloved integra (which now sounds like the s2000 from 2F2F thanks to HKS). It being a honda opened up a huge world of aftermarket everything and swapping. So as you can see with my previous cars, custom work and aftermarket products were either hard to find or just plain didnt exist. So over the last couple years ive been slowly introduced to this world.

Now that im a bit older and have a few friends with a garage i'm now starting to install things myself. Mainly simple stuff but im getting there. I have the knowledge but just lack the experience. I blame suburbia and being surrounded by non-car enthusiasts (except 2 god damn friends) for my late blooming lol.

Either way i appriatiate all the help i get from this forum and all you wonderful car nuts.

my girlfriend calls me a car nerd now............... shoe whore :axe:

Last edited:
Back